Droid 2 Stopps playing ring tones and music...

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
Randomly my droid 2 will not play the ringtone i have set for it (renames them to unknown ringtone) and also when i go to the music app it says it cant play the music file, but when i restart the phone it seems to work again...it has happened twice in the past day, i got my phone last friday rooted using z4 root, bootstrap, mod manager.

has anyone else have this issue?

Edit: i only started to notice is after i plugged my phone into my car stereo...

lmgovin

Reaction score
I'm having the same thing - started today and I didn't do anything other than charge the phone. Worked fine yesterday. I also find it keeps resetting my contacts set ring tones.

Any fixes??

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
yea nothing as of yet...keeps happening though, and in eradicate time periods

shadooky

Reaction score
Happend for 2 days on mine. I got the notification "the media player does not support this type of file" and my ringtones got reset. I turned my phone off, removed the battery, then booted up without the sd card, let the phone get settled from boot, then repeat the process but boot up with the sd in. Hasn't happend since.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Taegost

Reaction score
How often do you reboot your phone? If I don't do it at least every 2-3 days I have quirky issues like that.

shadooky

Reaction score
+1
We really should reboot every day. I usually don't go over 30 hours up time, today i hit 150 without realizing it (christmas break) and I had the file error.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mullene

Reaction score
Besides rebooting, did anyone find a fix for this? I've had it happen where I've had to reboot 2 or 3 times before all of my ringtones will get reset to what I've assigned them as...