Droid 2 Stock Dock App...

Josefius

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the stock Froyo dock app that has the screensaver for when your phone is in the multimedia dock?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ALARM CLOCK PLUS (free)
or
ALARM CLOCK PLUS(no ads)

Built on top of the stock alarm clock. Ten times better. Has screensaver.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
ALARM CLOCK PLUS (free)
or
ALARM CLOCK PLUS(no ads)

Built on top of the stock alarm clock. Ten times better. Has screensaver.

Sweet, installed :) I'll let you know how I like it.

Thanks.

Like I said in the other thread, I love this app!

born2golf

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using the stock multimedia dock app for months. What make this app so much better than the stock app? What am I missing here?

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using the stock multimedia dock app for months. What make this app so much better than the stock app? What am I missing here?

The Moto version has no screensaver like the stock Android does, plus this one has a lot more configuration options.

born2golf

Reaction score

The Moto version has no screensaver like the stock Android does, plus this one has a lot more configuration options.

I still don't get it. Why does it need a screensaver? It's a clock. when I'm awake I want to see it and when I'm asleep I don't care what it shows. And from whats been discussed on this forum, theres a very little chance of screen burn in.

Also, From what I can see this app only has one bottom dock position with 4 apps, while the stock dock has 3 positions with 4 app slot for a total of 12. I see that this allows for widgets, but only in a small corner of the screen. So I still don't see why this app is any better than the native one.

That said I do want a better multimedia dock. What I want is no clock at all, and the ability to put my beautiful widgets on the screen instead. Has anyone seen and app for this?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The screensaver is the time that floats around the screen so you can still see the time. No you don't NEED a screensaver, but it is nice and pretty.
The difference is how customizable it is. The # of options with Alarm Clock Plus are even, dare I say it, overwhelming. lol
And the Dev is very respsonive. In fact, you can thank me for the HUGE snooze button. I emailed and asked if he could make it larger. 4 days later we got a new update with > Huge Snooze Button.
You can shake the phone to snooze it. It has a NAP alarm. You can customize even the font and color. Speak time or weahter when it wakes you. You can set a math problem so you have to answer the math question to shut the alarm off. You can add an external widget which I've never used.
It's just a really well done app. Far better then stock. Considering the free version doens't hit you over the head with ads, there's no reason NOT to try it. ;)