Droid 2 Simultaneous Voice/Data

OP
R
Reaction score
I have the droid 2 global and am new to the droid. My cousin installed handcent and when a new text message pops up on the screen I hit reply and sometimes it goes to the message were I can reply and sometimes it doesn't. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong ?

lol, this is a little random.

I have Handcent as well, are you talking about the quick reply box? or are you talking about how it takes you to the full application to type up a response?

If you want the pop up box to come up, without having to go to the full application to respond, go to Settings < Notification Settings. make sure Enable popup is check marked.

tattoo12

Reaction score
I am talking about the quick reply box. It pops up but when I hit reply it doesn't always take me to the message so I can reply sometimes it does and other times the pop up box just disappears and I have to hit my handcent icon to get into the messages. Just curious if this is normal or if I am doing something wrong ?

OP
R
Reaction score
you don't have to click "reply". just click the blank spot, and that blinking vertical line thing (idk what its called) will show up. when you've finished typing your message hit send.

tattoo12

Reaction score
When I hit the white box the keyboard pops up at the bottom but its not the sideways keyboard. Is this normal ?

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, it's normal. do you want the sideways virtual keyboard? if you want to type sideways, i'd recommend the physical keyboard.

tattoo12

Reaction score
Yes I would like the sideways virtual keyboard but it's not a must have. I was just wondering if this was a normal thing with the reply box or not, like I said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't lol ! I am new to the droid but I love it so far. Thanks for helping me and answering my probably stupid questions lol

D

dankarlinski

Thread hijack?

Anyways, I'm still waiting to hear what phone sprint has that does voice and data at the same time..... please enlighten me

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

chrstdvd

Reaction score
This is all nice and dandy, but my service is getting worse and worse. About a year ago I lost steady 3G and a few weeks ago we started dropping calls. This has never happend before in 8 years I have had Verizon service.

It even happens in town now. I am afrade of what will happen in a few bweeks when those iPhones and Thunderbolts get on the net.

Dropping calls is not acceptable. Calling them gets no resolution just runaround.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It looks like the TB might support SVDO. That's great news.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah it'll support SVDO, but then don't all smartphones on Verizon?

Either way, it's, according to Verizon, not stable, maybe that explains AT&T's network and dropping calls?

Reaction score
Yeah it'll support SVDO, but then don't all smartphones on Verizon?

Either way, it's, according to Verizon, not stable, maybe that explains AT&T's network and dropping calls?

No, I'm pretty sure SVDO requires different hardware on the handset itself, which none of the current phones have.

OP
R
Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure SVDO requires different hardware on the handset itself, which none of the current phones have.

This is what confuses me. There are people that *think* it might need new hardware, and then there are people that *think* its compatible with current hardware and that it just requires verizon making software changes on their base stations.

Does anyone have any evidence to support either view?

D

dankarlinski

Still No one has the answer as to which sprint phone has svdo???

Because no one does....

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

Reaction score

This is what confuses me. There are people that *think* it might need new hardware, and then there are people that *think* its compatible with current hardware and that it just requires verizon making software changes on their base stations.

Does anyone have any evidence to support either view?

Shewmake is probably talking about SVDO, which was first announced in 2009 by the CDMA Development group. The press release announcing it then noted it to be a "device enhancement," but no devices supporting SVDO have been released since that time.

Also, the VZW press releases specifically stated that the Thunderbolt would be SVDO capable, but did not mention a single other phone. I'm 99.9% sure it requires specific hardware on the phone.