1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2, should I have waited?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by felixthecat1, Feb 8, 2011.

1. felixthecat1

felixthecat1 New Member

Brand new moto Droid 2 user on Verizon Wireless... but now I'm thinking I should've waited for the HTC THunderball?

Ugh. Oh well, I'll stick with it for a while... no matter when I buy a phone, they're gonna have something newer and better every 3 to 6 months anyway, right?

So... what can I do with this phone that I haven't already figured out? ANd how can I delete the CityID, Car Dock, and some of the other bloatware that was pre-installed with my D2?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

That's right. There is always going to be something new coming up. D2 is a great phone, but if you want to remove bloatware you're going to have to root.

I have the D2 and I had some issues with the boot straps, so I went back to stock. You can root by using z4Root, and then get a copy of Root Explorer. I suggest you simply hide the apps by changing the extension as opposed to deleting them, as you will need those apps for the next update. I don't have any idea when that will be.