droid 2 sending texts on reboot.

williadm

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has run into the problem of the droid2 resending old texts at random when you reboot the phone. Seems to happen to the same person every time. I text her more than anyone else, so probability is on the side that it would resend to her.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Do you by chance use Handcent? I think I remember reading a setting somewhere that's supposed to make that less likely.

drinksprite

Reaction score
i used to have that happen all the time. then it just stopped for some reason

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

slimpirudude

Reaction score
My droid 2 global with 2.2 has done this every since I took it out out the box! what are my options...is there a fix? or should I take it to verizon store and see what they say?

pool_shark

Reaction score
Use handcent. It's a better sms app than stock, it's very customizable and free. There is an option to prevent resend on boot which leads me to believe that is a known issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stock text app. Rooted, no Custom ROM. Never had that happen. First I've seen of it.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Use handcent. It's a better sms app than stock, it's very customizable and free. There is an option to prevent resend on boot which leads me to believe that is a known issue.

Yeahh, that's what I ended up doing. Had to because was getting annoying sending 3, 4 texts to diff ppl everytime rebooted. Thanks for your help!

sent from my droid 2 global

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Update....handcent, although cool features, has failed to prevent resents on boot. Anymore ideas? Or is it time to take it to store?

sent from my droid 2 global

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Now its sending up to 10 on a single reboot!!! Helpppppp

sent from my droid 2 global using droidforums app

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now its sending up to 10 on a single reboot!!! Helpppppp

There's not much we can tell you to do other then try a factory data reset. If that doesn't work then take it back to Verizon and get another one, that's why you have a warranty.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Hookbill - thanks for the reply.

I have only had this phone for about 2 months and it has done it since day 1. I do not want to lose all my stuff I have on the phone is only thing about doing factory reset plus since it has always done it I figure it still would. I do still have my warranty, thankfully, because I want to root my d2g but not until warranty is up ya know? I assume my only choice now is take it to Verizon (the actual Verizon store, not cellular connection or whatever) and see if I can get a new one or something.

Whats my chances of getting them to just let me get a thunderbolt at a discounted price since droid2 is messed up straight from factory?

Thanks in advance!

Slimpirudude