Droid 2 sending multiple emails

hamilton

Reaction score
repeating emails on the forward function

Thank you very much for the advice on how to turn off the smartforwarding button. This has solved the mystery that I have been
having for several months and some embarrassing scenarios with people getting repeated forwardemails somtimes 20 or 30 until you
figure out how to break the cycle.This is definitely a motorola issue/quirk that needs to be fixed and fast. Thank you again for this vital tip. I have an attrix and came very close to heaving it overboard for a IPhone because of this bizzare operational issue.

tgelhardt

Reaction score
Exchange Active Sync, Motorola Razr Maxx, Android, emails send over and over

We have started seeing this issue with some of our Verizon/Motorola Android users.
Same symptoms mentioned before, is there a fix yet?

User forwards or re-sends an email from his Razr Maxx, the email has an attachment and the email continues to send over and over. I cannot figure out why it's doing this for one, we do not have Smart Forwarding on so "un-checking" that setting on the phone is not a "fix". And two, it does stop eventually, without any indication as to why or how it stopped.

I can't believe this has been going on for over a year and there isn't a fix yet. WTH?

beefchopper

Reaction score
I have the same issue intermittently on my Droid X and I do not use Exchange. For whatever reason, from time to time, I get multiple copies of the same email on my phone (but not on my desktop).

schmjdt

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with my Motorola Electrify. Sent someone about 19 emails yesterday. I powered off my phone, but when i turned it back on this morning 4 more went through. I went into outlook and pulled up the sync issues folder and deleted the items from there, that stopped them from sending.

Like the others mine occurred when forwarding an email with attachments. I'll try turning off the smart forwarding and seeing if i can duplicate the problem

tgelhardt

Reaction score
Is it the attachment size?

Ok, since my earlier post we continued to test this out.

In our case, this appears to be related to the size of the email and attachment that is being forwarded.

First thing this morning my user had forwarded an email w/attachment that was 7mb. This email continues to send multiple times without any consistent time between sending. I had the user forward an email to me with an attachment that was roughly 150kb and it only sent one time! Hey, is there something to this?
Out of curiosity, what size are the attachments you guys are forwarding?

Now something else to consider, and I believe was mentioned by someone on here. When my user opened the email on his phone that he was going to forward, it says something to the effect that it's "still loading the message". This indicates to me that the email is rather large (to me 7mb isn't all that large). Without much thought he forwarded the email anyway and since then the problem has been happening...