Droid 2 Screen Lock not Working.....

FiremanLouvier

Reaction score
So basicly I got the 2.3.3 update and everything was working fine and I was exploring the new OS and then like 2-3 weeks later, my screen lock no longer works. It flashes on but skips right over it to what ever I was on. Yes some people like it but I do not. Can any of you help a fella?

Please!!!!!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try setting it up again under settings. If not, look up how to SBF back to 2.2, then update to Gingerbread again.

OP
F

FiremanLouvier

Reaction score
I tried looking for it in settings and nothing. I even tried downloading an app to hide the screen unlock just to see if it would jog it free and nothing...... I guess I shall try looking up how to "downdate" like you said :(

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings>Location&Security>Change Screen Lock. Take it off, then set it up again. See if that does it.

OP
F

FiremanLouvier

Reaction score
Well I have no "change screen" but I still have the pattern, etc. And that brings up the slide but also makes me put in the codes. And I'm picky.....

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm saying you should go into security and disable the screen lock completely, then set it back up and it should work.

OP
F

FiremanLouvier

Reaction score
Yes I tried that to no avail

OP
F

FiremanLouvier

Reaction score
Lol I don't wanna lose everything though lol

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should only lose your apps and any settings on your homescreen. You can back-up the data on your sd card just in case, but it shouldn't be an issue.

OP
F

FiremanLouvier

Reaction score
Aright then. I shall try that

Well I did it and YAY!!!!!! It worked. I thank you Very much. but I lost all my apps.(nothing else) but I read google should pull them back but it hasn't yet. anymore tips?
Thankyou!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just go to the market, then hit your menu button on the bottom left, select my apps and all your old apps will come up. Then you can reinstall what you need to.

OP
F

FiremanLouvier

Reaction score
None did....im just doing it the old way........slow but what ever. You fixed the problem I had and I thank you very very much. Thank you