droid 2 rooting?

litodroid

Reaction score
hi guys im new to this whole rooting thing , is it possible that i can root my phone and remove bloatware and put custom themes , because i want my lockscreen like the one from motorola droid which looks much better in my opinion and all im asking is for someone to point me right direction thanks

OP
litodroid

litodroid

Reaction score

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, a theme could include a new lock screen, but not necessarily.

Two very active developers for the D2 right now are Motaboy (ROMs - see his post on 2.4.5 in this forum) and 928Droid (see the Themes section - he has his own sub-forum with a Droid 2 thread there.

Motaboy ROMs come in a range of flavors that includes majority of "bloatware/blur" removed.

928Droids themes tend to be based on stock releases, but they are beautiful themes.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to bring this up but I feel it does need to be said often. Rooting does void the warranty. Now chances are that someone (I almost said we but I can't) will be able to bail you out if something goes wrong. Just want you to be aware.

OP
litodroid

litodroid

Reaction score
Yes, a theme could include a new lock screen, but not necessarily.

Two very active developers for the D2 right now are Motaboy (ROMs - see his post on 2.4.5 in this forum) and 928Droid (see the Themes section - he has his own sub-forum with a Droid 2 thread there.

Motaboy ROMs come in a range of flavors that includes majority of "bloatware/blur" removed.

928Droids themes tend to be based on stock releases, but they are beautiful themes.

thanks for the info:)

OP
litodroid

litodroid

Reaction score
I hate to bring this up but I feel it does need to be said often. Rooting does void the warranty. Now chances are that someone (I almost said we but I can't) will be able to bail you out if something goes wrong. Just want you to be aware.

ill keep that in mind :)