Droid 2 Rooted

Saraph

Reaction score
Setting the cpu to min 600MHz and max 1000MHz just made my battery life double! Oh root access, how I love thee...

Negatron

Reaction score
Theres a huge possiblity that i will be recieiving a droid 2 in replacement of my droid 1 my keyboard started peeling and they might replace it with Droid 2 when i root it and install root explorer can i install the black mms.app thru root exp i have other system apps as well plz help me if i can definitely install 4 system apps thru root explorer ill be fine but if i cant due to the motoblur **** imma be pissed

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Rooting allows us(not me but the smart people) to reconfigure and create almost anything for the droid, from simple things like menu colors to more complex thingsm like new roms or new scripts altogether.

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
its the first step before custom recoveries then custom roms and with custom roms come gingerbread leaks dancedroid[/QUOTE]

hold your horses buddy it will be a while before any legit gingerbread leaks are available

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i still dont understand what all the commotion is with this.

what are the benefits to this other than blocking adds, using phone as modem and removing factory apps?

theres gotta be something else that has made this a make or break deal

Overclocking, SU commands, a whole bunch of apps you can't use unless you're rooted. One of the ones I like is Cache Mate, a one push button that cleans all your apps. With SU commands you can move more apps from the phone to the SD card.

And that's without a single custom ROM.

OP
G
Reaction score
hold your horses buddy it will be a while before any legit gingerbread leaks are available

Really!!!!???? I thought they were out there waiting for us to scoop em up. Damn

But seriously DUHHHHHHHHHHH. Gingerbread leaks will be out before official hits im sure by months as usual. We will prob see the first leak(s) around oct or nov if google stays on track to have it released by Q4. (though as we all know it wont be officially released until late winter at the earliest.)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting comment. This was the first time I saw leaks of an update. I don't recall seeing anything for 2.1 or 2.0.1 before they were actually released.

Doesn't make you wrong, I guess I'm saying I don't know if I've seen enough evidence to indicate this will be a pattern.

OP
G
Reaction score
Interesting comment. This was the first time I saw leaks of an update. I don't recall seeing anything for 2.1 or 2.0.1 before they were actually released.

Doesn't make you wrong, I guess I'm saying I don't know if I've seen enough evidence to indicate this will be a pattern.

I wasnt around here in the 2.0.1 update so for me it was just random that it came.

I worded that wrong Bill, 2.1 was ported to the D1 in like late Dec if i remember correctly with the Nexus one releasing with it weeks later. We didn't get the official until weeks before it officially released. You are correct that we did get an official build of Froyo quite early.

Really who is to tell when we get it. Maybe Google will lock it down until the very end this time for all we know, or we could get a leak tomorrow. I was just saying by the trends we should see a build around then.

Iwho?

Reaction score
Can anyone here with a rooted D2 provide me with the png file or image of your green contacts app/icon? Trying to polish off my D2 theme on my D1.

EDIT: Managed to get it myself......

Last edited:

chrisusa96

Reaction score
Setting the cpu to min 600MHz and max 1000MHz just made my battery life double! Oh root access, how I love thee...

I assume you used set cpu? If so there is a setting for min and max? Just asking before I buy the App.

revision

Reaction score
Yes there is a max and a min setting. Thanks to juicedefender + root + setcpu my d2 gets over 30 hours easy on a minimal use type day. Even all day saturday using it for music it went 12 hrs playing music pretty constantly, with wifi, bluetooth, gps all on all the time. If you're wondering if a $2 app is worth it, it definitely is.

evilsock

Reaction score
Yes there is a max and a min setting. Thanks to juicedefender + root + setcpu my d2 gets over 30 hours easy on a minimal use type day. Even all day saturday using it for music it went 12 hrs playing music pretty constantly, with wifi, bluetooth, gps all on all the time. If you're wondering if a $2 app is worth it, it definitely is.

ive got ultimate juice and juice defender , what settings do you use? i cant seem to make a diference in battery life with it.

revision

Reaction score
ive got ultimate juice and juice defender , what settings do you use? i cant seem to make a diference in battery life with it.

As odd as it sounds, i accepted the defaults on juicedefender. I installed it a week and a half ago and hit my first 32 hour battery duration. However, this was from unplugging on a sunday morning and doing very little with it all day sunday and then moderate use on monday. Rooted it friday and put setcpu on there (again, i let it auto decide which it decided 300 min 1k max) and decided to see if i could get through yard work on a single charge and couldn't have been happier. It was my radio in the truck running errands in the morning, then out in the yard all afternoon and plugged it in at 8pm before going out for the night just to make sure it didn't die.

Using today as my first "typical work day" testing to see how long it lasts before going completely dead. Work days consist of gtalk, gmail, touchdown, web browsing and phone calls.