Droid 2 Rom squidly v1.0.1

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I changed out the music app to Music Mod and tweaked around a bit I also enabled stagefright I think it works well and is quick .If you dont like it 1.0 is still up .Same scripts as 1.0. I will be releasing .09 which is based on 2.2.20 so I can port themes look for it thanks.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vxovqmbak67knx8
Here it is trying to get busybox on install to implement correctly bricked my phone about 8 times so heres what I did it in /system/bin but I made a script so I can install it for you in emulator or adb type su and busy and your done! also once everything is loaded apps I would suggest zipaligning for maximum system performance to do so click debugging put it in pc mode reboot recovery mount systen (system,data,cache should so unmount) from adb type adb shell ,then su ,zipalign_apks let it run till it done then restart .

Last edited:

oshigeru

Reaction score
You can port themes on 2.3.15 as well. There's no difference as long as you're deodexed. Why stay on 2.2.20?

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't use blur mms so I haven't seen that issue.not saying it couldn't happen but I've been stable for 3 days now and it receiving copies of the same text

somken

Reaction score
So, I'm not the only one getting two SMS messages that are the same? One being 6 hours in time before the other one.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Weird im not having that issue but its a general issue with the update I heard and froyo in general im gonna try a fix I will be updating my roms tonight are u running 1.0 or 1.0.1

snoop5

Reaction score
just wanted to confirm that the quadrant standard numbers you put up for your 1.0.1 are accurate as im getting the same numbers. great wow!!

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Are you having a text issue snoop I want to see if my rom suffers from this I haven't seen it

hendrixj92

Reaction score
ok so i loaded it up last night and have been testing. so far it runs great with only a few complains/improvement ideas.
1. calendar widget doesn't work. and thats a necessity for me.
2. i understand you made the rom but replacing the "verizon wireless" on the unlock screen and notification screen with the rom name doesn't make sense. is there a way to remove and revert?
3. messaging icon looks a little pixelated. its a cool idea to remove the white in the smile but it looks like a 2 year old drew it.
4. i tested the music app and its cool and all but still doesn't come close to the droid 2 music app. that is one thing they got completely right.

besides that it runs great. the quadrant scores ARE in the 2000's so its stupid fast. but definitely needs a few tweaks.
ill continue running for the next few days and will report anything else i find.

randyb69

Reaction score
If you are having issues with two sms being received, look in launcher for these two apps: messaging and text messaging. If you have both go into /system/apps and look for conversation.apk and change it to conversation.bak. You can do this with root explorer, hope it helps. For that matter if you're using handcent, try changing it to conversation.bak and see if that solves your issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

pathfin9

Reaction score
*Nevermind, I fixed it!

For those of you that have the same problem:
Download the original Google Calendar Apk from the link provided, install it, and use Root manager to disable BlurCalendar.apk but keep the BlurCalendarProvider.apk

http://www.p3droid.info/RC/Tranquility_2-patch.zip

Just noticed that I cant add any events into my calendar. Everytime I click to add event, it just kicks me back to my home screen....any ideas?

-John

Last edited:
OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I appreciate your review and will add back calender widget change to original header script and I will add busybox scripts to switch to stock mms app that is cyanogens I like it for the options but understand its not for everyone ill make a script to change the calender from google to blur also will try to update tonight or tomorrow

Last edited:

hendrixj92

Reaction score
I appreciate your review and will add back calender widget change to original header script and I will add busybox scripts to switch to stock mms app that is cyanogens I like it for the options but understand its not for everyone ill make a script to change the calender from google to blur also will try to update tonight or tomorrow

Awesome. Im truely looking forward to the future of this rom! if you need beta testers or anything my phone is at your disposal (figuratively speaking lol)