Droid 2 resets itself

ben96

Reaction score
I keep having problems where ill be in an app and my droid 2 resets please help!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try a factory reset, but odds are it's something you'll have to keep dealing with unless you flash a Rom. It's not as bad if you freeze the VZ bloatware, but something that VZ has tweaked makes Android less stable than it should be. Stopped happening once I started using custom Roms.

MrCatPC

Reaction score
R2D2 Edition SCREAMS on every boot, so you always notice those "random reboots"

You can try a factory reset, but odds are it's something you'll have to keep dealing with unless you flash a Rom. It's not as bad if you freeze the VZ bloatware, but something that VZ has tweaked makes Android less stable than it should be. Stopped happening once I started using custom Roms.

+1 on this reply, I agree with MissionImprobable. I would also add that I don't use custom ROMs for my D2-R2D2 but have definitely seen this pattern:
Stock 2.2 Froyo had random reboots quite frequently.
Stock 2.3.3 GBread had random reboots less often, and I would usually see an app hang before reboot happened.
Stock 2.3.4 GBread has had a few random reboots, but I haven't seen very many since I took the OTA upgrade for 2.3.4...

However now I'm having other twitchy problems (elsewhere on the forums I'm dealing with that). But the reboot is usually instability in Android managing the CPU/RAM, a tweaked app, which can sometimes be uninstalled/reinstalled, or more likely a glitch in the firmware. And like MI said (above) if you are bold enough to try a custom ROM, and not locked into the OTA proprietary ROM which now has denied some of us from any root access or ROM customization, then proceed at your own risk and know that those who have tried custom ROMs generally love the results! :)K

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
My R2D2 has been doing the random reboot thing lately..it has been stable for a long time on GB and its stock non rooted. the only app i think is causing it is FB with its 55MB running process. going to try the factory reset.