Droid 2 Reset

ReyZero

Reaction score
I've got 2 Droid 2's and one of them is acting a little strange out of the box.
Since the Droid 2 is new, my searches mostly brought up a way to reset the Droid 1 (holding X, and pressing volume up and camera) and I could do a hard reset on the phone. Seemed to help people with the first Droid.

I'm able to get to the first part, with a triangle and the bot, but I'm not able to proceed to the next step.

Is that process not on the Droid 2? Or am I just failing the buttons that badly.

I found a spot in Privacy, but I'm not sure if it's as clean.

Droid2Doc

Reaction score
The only hard reset (i.e. factory reset) I've seen for the Droid 2 is going through the Privacy menu under Settings. I've had to do numerous "soft resets" by removing the battery and waiting a good 15-20 seconds before putting it back it and turning it back on.

OP
ReyZero

ReyZero

Reaction score
Is that menu part of the inability to root the phone?

Just trying to get someone to verify if they can do it or not, because I'm about to exchange the phone if I can't.

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
From what I've gathered ...... The "Hard Reset" is actually in the menu system as "Factory Data Reset" under the privacy menu in settings. This will wipe everything on the phone, except for personal files that you've saved on the memory card. This is the same process as the Droid 1.

djice

Reaction score
Ok if you're trying to do a phone restart then you will use the ALT key // they key right above it and DEL alltogether and it will restart your phone, but if you trying to factory restore then phone, then yes like its been stated before you must go to settings. hope that helps

Technipages

Reaction score
Updated

Please take a look at the Technipages link again. I have updated it. You have to press the Search button at the yellow exclamation mark.