Droid 2 replacement

sd4life

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Verizon about my 4th or 5th refurbished D2G. I just received this one last Saturday and this one started hanging up right after an incoming call. The first person said that they were showing multiple malfunctions, or something to that effect and transferred me to someone else. That guy ended up giving me a Droid 3 to replace my 2. If I would have known they were going to do that, I would have looked into it to see if another one would be better. Anybody have any thoughts on the D3?

On a side night, I must say I've been really impressed with VW customer services people. They've been very very helpful and friendly.

joshmiddle

Reaction score
Havnt done a whole lot of research into droid 3. I'm. Currently awaiting a bionic coming from a droid 2. I thinkb droid 3 has a few software glitches right now of course its to be expected till they get them ironed out with future updates. All in all i'd say you did good. You're getting dual core newer phone. If it didn't count against your upgrade.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I was in the same boat. Got a d3 to replace a d2g. I do miss my d2g... it was running apex lol. I miss the display as well, but i def love my d3 more than my d2g.

norcal1900

Reaction score
Havnt done a whole lot of research into droid 3. I'm. Currently awaiting a bionic coming from a droid 2. I thinkb droid 3 has a few software glitches right now of course its to be expected till they get them ironed out with future updates. All in all i'd say you did good. You're getting dual core newer phone. If it didn't count against your upgrade.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

The bionic is one of the most buggy phones out right now. The droid 3 is about the same as a droid bionic same prossers just smaller screen half the ram 512 and no 4g. Other than that the same. Yah big red hooked you up.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

svickstc

Reaction score
When I first got my droid 3 it was quite buggy/slow/glitchy however you want to coin it...It was not smooth at all..

A few days later Root became available and I quickly began flashing roms onto my D3, Steel Droid v2.0 and now 3.0. My phone has been fast, smooth, and quite stable..

I almost gave up on my first android phone, I gave this a shot and could not be more happy

OP
S

sd4life

Reaction score
I got the phone today. It looks pretty sharp. There's an icon on the top right that I can't figure out what it means. It is between the batter bar and the time. It looks like a battery standing up with a check in the middle. It isn't colored at all. Anybody have any ideas?

xaelith

Reaction score
It's probably an alarm or calendar notice, letting you know that you have an alarm set, or an event coming up.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
What are your feelings on rooting your D3? You can probably ditch all those problems with a good ROM, and there's a few out there for the D3 presently. Its the reason I root my phones.

OP
S

sd4life

Reaction score
What are your feelings on rooting your D3? You can probably ditch all those problems with a good ROM, and there's a few out there for the D3 presently. Its the reason I root my phones.

I've thought about doing it with my D2, but was a little worried about it. I would like to do it for the WiFi. What happens if I have a problem with my phone and need to send it back? I assume it would void the warranty?

svickstc

Reaction score
^^There is ways to unroot your phone and go back to stock, its just if you cant turn your phone back on you would have a probably...

Ya you voided your warranty if you root, but i have the insurance on the phone so if worse came to worse the phone could get mangled and they would never know it was rooted...

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Bionic has a Texas Instruments Omap processor and the D3 has ntegra completely different. Just fyi

Sent from my Rooted Droid Bionic