Droid 2 reboots *seemingly* whenever it feels like it, sometimes into bootloader

Jakaii

Reaction score
So long story short, 2 days ago my phone decided to go 'brb' and restart for seemingly no reason, and when i pulled it out of my pocket to check the time it was at the bootloader screen. The screen said
Bootloader
D2.37

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

At first i thought it might be a momentary glitch, and restarted my phone. it restarted just fine, but then after a few minutes i looked back and it was at the bootloader screen AGAIN. this time i did a battery pull and restarted it. bootloader screen again. now my phone seems to go to the bootloader screen whenever it jolly well pleases, and by clicking the power button twice i can get it to restart normally. but eventually the bootloader screen comes back. :angry: i'm beginning to feel like this screen is just waiting to jump out of a bush at me and be like SURPRISE!!!!:eek:

Any suggestions or helpful hints would be wonderful.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jakaii

Reaction score
Come on someone's got to have a suggestion on how to fix this guys. until i get a reply on how to fix this i'm without a phone, which I *need*.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you stock or on a custom ROM? are you rooted?

random rom'd X

OP
J

Jakaii

Reaction score
i had previously rooted it, successfully i assume, but i noticed no changes since i didn't mod it after that. I'm a very computer-literate person, but android phones are a whole new world for me.

But since that root i had to do a factory reset, so it was running stock 2.2.....i think that's the version. i was running the latest version Droid 2s support. i tried doing a factory reset through the phone's menu, but nothing would happen.