Droid 2 R2D2 Stuck On Bootloader D0.11

Mako3

Reaction score
A few options I have found to try out:
1) Try pulling the battery, loading up RSD Lite, powering the phone up holding the up arrow on the keypad, then plugging it in -- plugging it in right before powring the phone up. If hitting "show device" doesn't show the device, try rebooting the PC, a different USB port, a different USB cable, or uninstalling/reinstalling RSD Lite. Make sure you're running as Admin, try XP mode, and make sure you have the absolute latest drivers directly from Motorola's site. Use the app you download from there to clean out all the old drivers before installing the new ones, then reboot before attempting anything else.

2) If you have windows 7, run it in XP mode. Then Uninstall everything and reinstall. Once you've reinstalled REBOOT your important PC. Then right click on the icon for RSDLite and select properties. GO to the compatability tab check run program in compat mode and also check run this as an administrator. See if it's recognized now?

3) Something tells me this will solve the problem: Android Forums - View Single Post - If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite

4) Even though it's for the D1, some things mentioned in here may work for the D2 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

Thanks Toast114

I believe option 3 will be the most successful attempt if 1 and 2 don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think he's just frustrated. Understandable

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hear that too! I just remember when I had a similar situation happen to me and I was freaking out, but you're right, it's no justification for snapping at people who just want to help. We're all here to help each other, right?

cobjones

Reaction score
I understand... it does suck to brick a phone and not get it undone, but I wouldn't be a smart A to a doctor for asking questions to make sure they have the right information.

Sent from my DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
True, but unfortunately emotions like frustration are not rational. Still not an excuse of course. Let's hope we get someone on here who can sort his problem out :)