1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 R2D2 Please Help..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kikitt, Nov 13, 2010.

1. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Hello, I just got an R2D2 Droid 2, couldnt be happier with the phone but there are some things that I would like to change like the fonts, and I'm pretty sure you have to root for that. My question is if I root will I lose everything special about this phone such as the preloaded starwars apps/sounds/live wallpapers/and wallpapers?...Or when I root will I be able to just change the font and everything will be peachy? And as for a rooting method, i'm not to smart with the long ways to do this I was hoping to use a one press root application. Thank you in advance.

-Kikitt
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Rooting alone will change nothing on the phone, so you are fine if that's all your looking to do. Changing the font wont affect anything else. As for which rooting methods are applicable with the r2d2 I think z4root in the marketplace will work but i'm not possitive.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Oo cool I didn'nt know that, I thought that as soon as you rooted you had to load a custom ROM, thank you very much :). Also do you recommend anything for changing the font?

-Kikitt
Search tags for this page

change font size on droid r2d2

how to change the font on r2d2 phone

how to change the font size on a r2d2 phone?