Droid 2 - Quicker Way to Deploy Camera?

Smokeyham

Reaction score
In order to get my camera ready to shoot on my Droid 2 I have to do the following steps:

1) Hit power button to turn on screen
2) Swipe Lock button
3) Enter Security Code (my workplace requires a security code be used if I am going to access workplace Microsoft Exchange)
4) Press and hold camera button
5) Camera is now ready to be used.

The process is quite slow.

In addition, and this just might be user error, it seems that sometimes the camera does not become available until after I have held and released, the camera button. Other times it is available immediately when I touch the button.

Any thoughts on how I might speed this process up, or anything I might be doing wrong or missing?

Thanks!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would think all those steps would be an absolute necessity based on your setup.

if you have a lock code, it would make sense that you would not be able to use your phone or parts of your phone without entering it.

i don't think there's a workaround given your setup

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You could try putting a link on the home screen to the camera, or if you're running ADW/LP you could put a link to it in the dock. Might shave a second or two off the overall accessing.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could try putting a link on the home screen to the camera, or if you're running ADW/LP you could put a link to it in the dock. Might shave a second or two off the overall accessing.

ah very true, didn't even think of that. this would most probably be your best bet.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
I would think all those steps would be an absolute necessity based on your setup.

if you have a lock code, it would make sense that you would not be able to use your phone or parts of your phone without entering it.

i don't think there's a workaround given your setup

Thanks.... I did notice that this was a lot easier/quicker before our IT guy set me up so I could access my work e-mail.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Camera Link on Home Screen Speeds Up Access

Thanks.... That definitely helps! I find that a lot easier to use than trying to activate the camera via the little button on top.

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
You might want to look at WidgetLocker....it let's you put widgets and shortcuts on your lock screen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
WidgettLocker

You might want to look at WidgetLocker....it let's you put widgets and shortcuts on your lock screen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Thanks.... I'll look into that! :)