droid 2 problems

exodus125

Reaction score
Hello, i bought a used droid 2, which was rooted. it ws acting funny, like the screen would lock up and i would ahve to remove the battery in order to restart it and just seemed to lag a bit. I was able to unroot it, but now the clockworld recovery is still there and every time i restart the phone i have to go through that. I read up on how to remove it, but it seems dificult and looks like i would need to reroot the phone to remove it. is there any way of removing the clockworld mod without having to reroot the phone? how can i completly restore the phone to factory settings? Im getting ready to just get a new phone or something.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Might have to reroot using z4root (one click root app) and you can get that from searching for a z4root .apk on google. Im going off of the info in the link below and 2 users that have said it worked and was simple to do. Hope this can help out and just post back if you have any questions. Also once you get use to having the D2 everyday you will prolly really grow to like it. No need for a new phone unless your looking to get a Droid X2 or wait for a Droid 3 to come out hopefully sometime this summer.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/102962-how-remove-clockwork-recovery-2.html

OP
E

exodus125

Reaction score
after a few headaches and heartaches, I was able to remove the clockwork mod and the phone is now unrooted. hopefully it will act a little nicer now. I am planning on getting a droid 3 when it comes up, I am up for a renewal of account with verizon.

Thanks to you and to everyone else that helped me with this directly or indirectly. This is a great forum.