Droid 2 Presale Starts Tomorrow

DjStrick9

Reaction score
2.2 update

can i download the update manually and install it on my phone if it is rooted? If not how do I unroot it?

Lucidpsychosis

Reaction score
Who's still buying a Droid X with this news? (Not a flame - just curious - I think I may).

The 8 MP camera and the larger screen were selling points for me. I don't really care about the physical keyboard; I'm just fine with the soft keyboard.

txpayne

Reaction score
Anyone gonna get the star wars one in Sept?
I have been reading this forum for months with the intentions of buying a droid. I have decided the D2 special edition is my choice. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
yeah the droid 1 will not have a smooth adobe flash player unless Adobe makes the changes to it to the programing/Code of adobe flash player to make it be able to run smooth....To what I have heard the project has been abandoned & the farthest release for adobe flash player for droid 1 will be adobe flash player 10.1 beta 3

Flash is working great on my droid1 running at 800mhz.

xandor

Reaction score
Say, does anyone know if the motorola car and multimedia docks for the first Droid will function with the second one?

I sure hope the multimedia and my belt clip will fit. And will hope I can get one on Thursday.

illoosionz

Reaction score
Question guys, My girl wants this phone, can we call tonight at midnight to pre-order/purchase the phone or do we have to call tomorrow morning and do it? Im not sure if its gonna be sold out at the Verizon stores on Thursday so i was gonna take the chance on calling tonight or tomorrow morning and get it shipped overnight.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

D

Dragon3463

Yep just like the promised with the droid X and the htc incredible. If this two phones are the so-called flagships of the company. Then why is it that they are the last two to recieved the unforseen 2.2, other than in rooted devices?

I'm sure I will get all kinds of reasons and answers, but seeing is believing and so far all I've seen from these two companies is false promises.

Why is that?

mindytyson3

Reaction score
i just pre ordered my droid 2 :)

oh gosh send me a message or something when you get it and play around with it! i want to know how you like it! i will get one next month so at least somebody can tell me whether to get it or not..ha.

LT*

Reaction score
Question guys, My girl wants this phone, can we call tonight at midnight to pre-order/purchase the phone or do we have to call tomorrow morning and do it? Im not sure if its gonna be sold out at the Verizon stores on Thursday so i was gonna take the chance on calling tonight or tomorrow morning and get it shipped overnight.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

I'm getting this for my wife for her birthday. What I was told this morning from CS is that you can pre order on the web today, but that the early upgrade will not be offered on there. To take advantage of the early upgrade you have to call tomorrow morning or go to a VZ store tomorrow. Looks like I'll be waiting for the store to open tomorrow.

Ninjak

Reaction score
The sucky thing is, given the short 9-month lifespan of the now-discontinued Droid 1, by the time my new-every-two kicks in in July 2011, the Droid 2 will likely be gone by then as well. I'll be lucky if the upcoming Droid Pro is even still around. LOL. Guess I'll be holding out for LTE unless something happens...

triptens

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid X 3 days ago, should I hold out for this one?

smatica

Reaction score
DROID 2 Benchmark Score Drops Jaws

Stock Droid 2 running Android 2.2 and crushing any phone on the planet in a Quadrant benchmark. That my friends, is real power. And as you can see, this D2 was taken straight out of the box and didn’t even have the opportunity to get undressed before blowing minds. Anyone still not sure that this device is a certified winner?

droid-life.com

I don't think this is an accurate comparison though. The Droid 2 is running 2.2 and the X and D1 are running 2.1. With the performance increase of 2.2 the X would likely overtake the D2 and the D1 would be much closer to the D2.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
DROID 2 Benchmark Score Drops Jaws

Stock Droid 2 running Android 2.2 and crushing any phone on the planet in a Quadrant benchmark. That my friends, is real power. And as you can see, this D2 was taken straight out of the box and didn’t even have the opportunity to get undressed before blowing minds. Anyone still not sure that this device is a certified winner?

droid-life.com

I don't think this is an accurate comparison though. The Droid 2 is running 2.2 and the X and D1 are running 2.1. With the performance increase of 2.2 the X would likely overtake the D2 and the D1 would be much closer to the D2.

yep, just look at the jump between the nexus1 and nexus1 with 2.2 on it, same hardware on both.