1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 Owner Seeking Help With Droid 1 Root/Rom

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by SWFLDroid, Jul 24, 2011.

1. SWFLDroid

SWFLDroid New Member

Hi Guys-

I am a Droid 2 owner and, in spite of my relative ignorance of all things techy, have managed to root and flash Cyanogenmod 7 onto my Droid 2. Now my girlfriend, who is currently sporting a stock OG Droid, is very jealous of my lightning fast, smooth and sexy new phone and would like me to hook her up.

I have been reading and there is soooo much info on rooting/ROMs for the Droid 1 I am overwhelmed and don't know where to start. Would anybody be kind enough to provide me with an up-to-date link to the correct info to root the D1 in the easiest way possible as well as a thoughtful suggestion of which ROM to provide her?
    She will not be doing much, if any customizing once I am done so I guess the best ROM for her would be, first and foremost STABLE! Also, fast and of course pretty to look at!

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!
  2. tamlin42

tamlin42 New Member

Seek out a utility called Super 1-click, with a bias toward results at xda-developers forum. It's a multi-phone utilty that easily roots OG droid. from there you download ROM Manager (from the market) and can install clockwork recovery, and from clockwork recovery, you can install any ROM you like.
  3. SlammedDime

SlammedDime New Member

I personally disagree with using S1C... I much prefer using MotoCache's method on these forums... do a google search for 'Root droid any os' and it's the first result. Why? Mainly because I like to know every step of the way what is happening and why. Gives me more insight into how to fix something if I break it. But to each their own.

If you go the MotoCache route, I'd use RZRecovery instead of the SPRecovery in his topic, and instead of using his Update.zip file to just root Froyo, use Pete's GPA16 file. That'll get you rooted with GPA16 in one sweep. Look into using one of Pete's OC'd kernels too. My and my wife's OG droids love the LV 1.0GHz kernel.
  4. SlammedDime

SlammedDime New Member

Oh yea, and after installing GPA16, if you go that route, make sure to wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache in RZRecovery.