Droid 2 Overclocking

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, after rooting my Droid 2, which was not difficult at all, but to find a stable ROM or a Kernel to load, I found that there was a lot many steps than the Droid 1, and alot of quirks from what I have been reading. OK, so I have found that the processor on the the Droid 2 is a 1 GHz Processor, whereas the original processor on the original Droid was only 660 MHz. So, where I am going with this? I have found a program called Titanium Backup, which has allowed me to take programs that wouldn't normally be allowed to be moved to my SD card if I weren't rooted, now is achieved with this program. This saves my internal memory from being bloated and able to execute commands faster. This is my take on having a fast Droid without having to follow a 15 step process to load a ROM and Kernel, and then hoping it works. My way is less of a headache.

MICP1480

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well actually you could download the droidx/2 overclock app from the marketplace to overclock with one click.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bhavium

Reaction score
I installed this overclocker then easily take root in the root, and overclockers will not start because it says no root. Whats wrong. ScottyV.