Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still no update available for me as of yet, although currently enjoying Verizon's 4G rollout here in San Fran :)
you can manually update now. And the droid 2 is capable of 4G?

Link? I haven't seen anything about a manual update.

No the D2 will not do 4G. I'm confused about that post of 4g rolling out in SF.

LoweringSkies

Reaction score
Still no update available for me as of yet, although currently enjoying Verizon's 4G rollout here in San Fran :)

No manual update either...still trying.
I do achieve 4G LTE speed on my Verizon USB modem and netbook. I am unaware if the D2 is capable of this (Is does say 3G+ on data indicator, but I'm unaware of what that actually indicates).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I do achieve 4G LTE speed on my Verizon USB modem and netbook. I am unaware if the D2 is capable of this (Is does say 3G+ on data indicator, but I'm unaware of what that actually indicates).

Verizon has no phones capable of 4g. That's why I'm confused about what you're saying about 4g in S.F.

kiyanofosho

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr.../92838-can-i-get-ota-2-3-20-rooted-phone.html

2nd post. it has rooted 2.3.20 odexed and deodexed. also there is a full sbf file if you want stock.

LoweringSkies

Reaction score

Verizon has no phones capable of 4g. That's why I'm confused about what you're saying about 4g in S.F.
Yes...there are no 4G handsets available yet and only 3 LTE dongles. Sorry for the confusion.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Correct! NO device currently offered is capable of 4G...including all USB modems and netbooks. LTE isn't even out yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jasnmar

Reaction score
Hook - search for posts from me in this thread. Follow the normal update instructions with the file I posted.
If you are dying to update take the risk. If you are willing to wait, then wait.
Since I initially posted I've had a number of people update with the file provided. At this point I'm sure the file was right if you are updating from the stock ROM.
Jason

Sent from my DROID2

Canadroid

Reaction score

Cloppy

Reaction score
Did you un-root first or just re-root after?

Just re-rooted after the upgrade. Upgrade applied fine while rooted.

I was surprised to see that any rooted D2 users are getting the OTA notification at all, let alone successful installs. Hopefully when mine shows up it goes as smooth as Jasnmar & Troutbeck27. :icon_eek:

i just used the blur.zip and it worked fine for me ive been running stock from the sbf for a few days so i decided to try it now that the full sbf is out

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hook - search for posts from me in this thread. Follow the normal update instructions with the file I posted.
If you are dying to update take the risk. If you are willing to wait, then wait.
Since I initially posted I've had a number of people update with the file provided. At this point I'm sure the file was right if you are updating from the stock ROM.
Jason

Sent from my DROID2

Did I give the impression that I wanted to root? I probably would, but not the way we have available to us now.

I do miss some of my apps I paid for that I can't use now but overall I'm very happy with the stock D2. For now I want to just stay stock.

I wouldn't expect anyone to search through my posts, but I can get very enthusiastic about rooting sometimes and other times I'm just not interested. Right now I'm not interested.

Anyway we've got two OTA updates since I've had the D2, and this last one looks good. I'll wait to see what's next.

zero7404

Reaction score
is the D2 loaded with a motorola UI ? can it be disabled ?

droiddos

Reaction score
Just re-rooted after the upgrade. Upgrade applied fine while rooted.

I was surprised to see that any rooted D2 users are getting the OTA notification at all, let alone successful installs. Hopefully when mine shows up it goes as smooth as Jasnmar & Troutbeck27. :icon_eek:

i just used the blur.zip and it worked fine for me ive been running stock from the sbf for a few days so i decided to try it now that the full sbf is out

was this blur.zip from jasnmar's post? i downloaded that one and i'm curious about trying it. I'm pretty sure the stock motorola recovery app will only update a motorola signed update. Did it update your baseband and kernel? I can't find the new version numbers but the old ones for 2.2.20 are

Baseband: BP_C_01.09.05P
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-g59f0395 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Cloppy

Reaction score

was this blur.zip from jasnmar's post? i downloaded that one and i'm curious about trying it. I'm pretty sure the stock motorola recovery app will only update a motorola signed update. Did it update your baseband and kernel? I can't find the new version numbers but the old ones for 2.2.20 are

Baseband: BP_C_01.09.05P
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-g59f0395 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Yes, It updated the baseband and the blur verizon version number. It updated the build of the kernel not the version number. Updated it at 40% battery with heavy use over 3 hours and still going at 5%