Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of things to look for and a fix

OK, last night I started gettings some FC's. Never had one since I got the D2 so I thought it could be related to the update. So I reset my D2 and when it came back on it was in super slow mo. I couldn't scroll through my apps. Definitely not good. And it wasn't getting better.

I never recommend a battery pull. I seriously don't think they help.

I was wrong. I was getting to do a factory data reset when I decided to pull the battery. I had it out for a few minutes because I was doing other things. When I got back to it I put the battery in and it started booting up without starting it. I gave it a few seconds, and now everything appears normal.

If you do have any of the issues I described, give it at least a 30 second battery pull. I think it will fix it for you.

OP
R
Reaction score
Should be good. I just want 720p on my D2 :( I searched all over but can't find anything on that

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I've read in a few places (I wish I could find the links to them) that the Droid 2 is physically incapable of recording in 720p. It has to do with the fact that the Droid 2 sports a 3620 processor, which is incapable of recording at 720p. The model that does record at 720p is the 3630 processor, which (if I remember correctly) is the processor that is on the Droid X...that's why the X can record 720p and the Droid 2 is incapable of doing it and will never get a firmware update adding this feature.

the Milestone 2 is same as the droid 2 right? i would assume that the d2 would get the 720p update that the milestone 2 got. its not that of a big deal for me but would be awesome dancedroid

The Droid 2 is different than the milestone 2 in one way (as far as im aware). The D2 has a 3620 processor, the milestone 2 has a 3630 processor and so does the DX. The difference between the two is that the 20 cannot record in 720p and the 30 can.

soldier59701

Reaction score
I hate this before this talk of the update my phone wasn't that bad but now its seems I lose my connection randomly it happened three times so far since yesterday im hoping this update has some backbone

dch921

Reaction score
I've read in a few places (I wish I could find the links to them) that the Droid 2 is physically incapable of recording in 720p. It has to do with the fact that the Droid 2 sports a 3620 processor, which is incapable of recording at 720p. The model that does record at 720p is the 3630 processor, which (if I remember correctly) is the processor that is on the Droid X...that's why the X can record 720p and the Droid 2 is incapable of doing it and will never get a firmware update adding this feature.

the Milestone 2 is same as the droid 2 right? i would assume that the d2 would get the 720p update that the milestone 2 got. its not that of a big deal for me but would be awesome dancedroid

The Droid 2 is different than the milestone 2 in one way (as far as im aware). The D2 has a 3620 processor, the milestone 2 has a 3630 processor and so does the DX. The difference between the two is that the 20 cannot record in 720p and the 30 can.

The teardown of the droid 2 on ifixit.com shows a 3630 processor
Isy3EsvPnj1xLCUB.medium

ffsmith20

Reaction score
OTA update 2.3.20

is that out everywhere in the us....i havent been able to update since verizon posted on there website....i go into settings and manually check and says my phone is uptodate.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. We are going to use this thread for discussion of 2.3.2 for those who have not yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is the update i am talking about http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_2.pdf right now i am running version 2.2.20 and it says there is an update to 2.3.20....
Right. Does it say that on your Droid? If it doesn't just be patient, they will get to you.

Just like when the X was updated to 2.2 not everybody got the message immediately to upgrade. For some you may have to wait a bit. You'll get it eventually.

When you do get it simply tap update and it will take care of itself. ;)

tomad9

Reaction score
I am still not receiving any update. Is there a setting I have to check. I am clicking the "check for updates" in system. Without wireless it says check for update not available and in wireless mode it just spins and spins and spin...dancedroid
Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so its not rolled out to everyone at the moment then right ?

Apparently not. Lots of people are reporting they haven't received the update and this is the same thing I saw with the X 2.2 roll out. Again if you haven't received it you can't force it. Just wait, it will show up eventually.

I don't have any idea of how long of a time frame it's going to be. Maybe a week maybe two. It's only just started updating a couple of days ago.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Wow! I can't believe how many people are so impatient....lol. Out of 20 pages it seems like half of that are posts asking when it will get to them or why haven't I got it.

Back OT........ I'll be checking in on this thread and the other for more info on rooted D2s and getting the 2.3 update. Thanks to most of you out there with all the helpful info and for the rest of us.............just be patient! LOL!

Sent from Droid2

LoweringSkies

Reaction score
Still no update available for me as of yet, although currently enjoying Verizon's 4G rollout here in San Fran :)