Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

ayk07

Reaction score
Should be good. I just want 720p on my D2 :( I searched all over but can't find anything on that

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

slowtype

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they got the update while running the leaked 2.3.15?

SPerry

Reaction score
I know I will loose root with this update but what does it do to the odex status? I am currently deodexed. I know not to SBF after the update but what about restoring a Clockwork backup?

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I know I will loose root with this update but what does it do to the odex status? I am currently deodexed. I know not to SBF after the update but what about restoring a Clockwork backup?

If you do OTA update the most you can do is root your phone and hope for the best. A nandroid backup may work but if it gets hosed then your phone is hosed since there is no SBF for it.

I would do nothing but root if you applied the OTA update.

SPerry

Reaction score
For whatever reason my current config results in a "Check for updates is not available at this time" message. I went back to stock rooted and checked and the update has not rolled out to me yet. Think I am just gonna hang with my current config until some of you smart guys get things worked out.

OP
R
Reaction score
Should be good. I just want 720p on my D2 :( I searched all over but can't find anything on that

I've read in a few places (I wish I could find the links to them) that the Droid 2 is physically incapable of recording in 720p. It has to do with the fact that the Droid 2 sports a 3620 processor, which is incapable of recording at 720p. The model that does record at 720p is the 3630 processor, which (if I remember correctly) is the processor that is on the Droid X...that's why the X can record 720p and the Droid 2 is incapable of doing it and will never get a firmware update adding this feature.

wmnomore

Reaction score

I've read in a few places (I wish I could find the links to them) that the Droid 2 is physically incapable of recording in 720p. It has to do with the fact that the Droid 2 sports a 3620 processor, which is incapable of recording at 720p. The model that does record at 720p is the 3630 processor, which (if I remember correctly) is the processor that is on the Droid X...that's why the X can record 720p and the Droid 2 is incapable of doing it and will never get a firmware update adding this feature.

Negative. Everywhere i read, the D2 has the same processor as the X-3630.
This is one site: http://http://news.cnet.com/inside-the-droid-2-lurks-a-droid-x

wmnomore

Reaction score
Guess you're right. I can't believe how many sites say the D2 has a 3630.

soldier59701

Reaction score
So im finally posting to try an not feel sad, im still waiting for my ota update I've been checking for a couple of days now just random ya know an still nothing. I want some fixes too lol...

tb110895

Reaction score
So im finally posting to try an not feel sad, im still waiting for my ota update I've been checking for a couple of days now just random ya know an still nothing. I want some fixes too lol...

I know how you feel. I hope it rolls out to everyone soon

Lithoss

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I know very little about hacking on Android devices (it's something I haven't been brave enough to delve into.. yet at least), so please forgive me if this has already been investigated/suggested/used. I know it's annoying when ignorant people come to me with obvious/bad suggestions on things I am an expert on so... apologies in advance.

Since we know this OTA update 'adjusts' the bootloader and/or encryption keys, can we not take a look at the actual update for keys or other ways of adjusting the bootloader the way we want?
Wouldn't it be easier to crack the update first than the actual bootloader?
Or is it encrypted the same way as the bootloader?

Again, sorry in advance if this is just 100% noob :)

ayk07

Reaction score

the Milestone 2 is same as the droid 2 right? i would assume that the d2 would get the 720p update that the milestone 2 got. its not that of a big deal for me but would be awesome dancedroid