Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody can download from the Market right now. It's not the update, the Market is having issues.

Edit. I have now seen two apps update.

tb110895

Reaction score
Can somebody please fill me in because I'm seeing all different answers to this.
Why can't some people get it yet because I can't. It tells me im up to date

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apparently they are releasing it in stages. I'm in the same boat so we should be getting it soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can somebody please fill me in because I'm seeing all different answers to this.
Why can't some people get it yet because I can't. It tells me im up to date

Right. I happen to be in the lucky group this time. It's random. Just keep checking it every so often. Do stress on it, it will get to you.

kiyanofosho

Reaction score
Its not sent to everybody right away. Its rolled out to d2 users overtime! Slowly but surely.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nobody can download from the Market right now. It's not the update, the Market is having issues.

Edit. I have now seen two apps update.

thanks hook, i did to factory resets thinking my phone was crapping out.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Btw is everyone aware that the update is not backward compatible? Do not do an sbf or you'll have a heap of problems.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I'm kind of concerned after reading that earlier post about his/her rooted D2 getting all screwed up after the update.........it was hard enough rooting. Hate to think I might have to repair if I update, whenever that might be..lol!

Sent from Droid2

OP
R
Reaction score

tb110895

Reaction score
On a side note, how long does it normally take for an update to roll out to everyone? Just wondering

troutbeck27

Reaction score
OK I wanted share my experience with everyone.

The basics prior to update - Rooted D2, Stock ROM, Titanium Bakup, Root Explorer, and Droid 2 Bootstrap/recovery.

After the update I was getting root access denied with TB and RE. I turned off my D2 and removed battery, hoping this would fix the issues. No Luck.

Also wanted to add that when I turned my phone back on I had to reboot from D2 Bootstrap/recovery.

So I rerooted using the 1-2-3 easy root process, had to run it twice, but got it to work the second time.

Had to go in to TB and click problems? to allow BusyBox to be reinstalled.

Everything is up and running at the moment, and I keeping my fingers crossed.

Troutbeck27

Awesome! Your setup matches mine almost exactly, so maybe it's time to jump on in and update.

Side question: did you have any apps (especially built-in Motorola bloatware) frozen through TB before you updated? If so, did you have to do anything like un-freeze them before pulling the OTA? I'm concerned that frozen junk like CityID, NFS, AmazonMP3, etc, might muck up my update.

I didn't even think of that so yeah I have stuff frozen, and the update and everything in my previous post worked out OK.