Droid 2 or X?

MrKleen

Reaction score
It looks as though the DX and the D2 are above average. Very little difference and your results will vary. Get the phone based on your needs and likes. Size vs. keyboard....

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
The X is a bit large, other then that a top notch Droid. Theree was a guy at the dentist office today who had one. we were having a great time talking about our phones until they called my name.

Below is directed to HookBill:

Did they call you "Bill"? ::rim shot:: :icon_ banana:

-Mike

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I have had both the D2 and the DX and I prefer the DX with the Otterbox Commuter case overall. I was about to switch back to the D2 based on how bulky the DX was with a case and then I found and tried the Otterboc Commuter and it sealed the deal....The phone feels

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
If you say screensize and physical keybpoard aren't issues, the that, to me, just leaves the 8mp camera that the dx has and then the hdmi out on the x. After that, its just down to keyboard and size imho.

Sent from my iphone using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
arent there batteries you can buy for the dx that last longer that battery it came with? replace the stock 1500 mah one?
Yes...The Extended Battery, Part#: MOTDRDXBATX, 1930 mAh, for around $49.99 from Verizon Online.

im not a genius lol but im guessing, the higher the number the better the battery is? so 1930 is hell of a lot better than the 1500 mAh DX stock one?

is 1930 as high as it gets? im looking for the best battery possible. dont wont my phone to ever die lol.

See seidioonline.com which is in the works. Unfortunately, with Seidio, that can be anything from weeks to months. I plan on getting one for my Droid X when it's available.

-Mike

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would not upgrade to any of them. LTE starts in December I would wait until next year and get an LTE phone. Now if you MUST have a phone RIGHT NOW then it comes down to do you prefer a keyboard or not.

repair7

Reaction score
thehirsches,

DX battery life is not the big issue some make it. just senssible power management is what is all about, like don't keep the GPS on if not using, all that other good stuff turned "on" when you need , then kill or turn off,

when you get the feel for the battery , get used to it's profile is all better for DX users

camera, camcorder are great, nice clear photo , video....just look at the mega pixels moto has in the DX gallery is easy to use

if you like me and use for business, then of course having a car charger or second charger , like one at home and one at work ....just in case you running low, afterall business is important. last thing you need is a dead battery

[video=youtube;OpKaHUIgrOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKaHUIgrOI[/video]