Droid 2 or X?

thehirsches

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 and love it, but am looking to upgrade.
(Actually my daughter wants my droid1 as a droid pseudo-Itouch so is pushing me to upgrade...)

Removing the keyboard and "big a$$ screen" items, which is the better unit?

I plan to Root and swap ROMS within minutes of purchase, so whatever the blur thing is, it will not be an issue.

My current droid is rooted, has a custom kernel & ROM and has wireless tether.

I am interested in signal strength, battery life, CPU, camera and the like.

Thanks.

zero7404

Reaction score
battery life and cpu better choice is the d2.

naturally, the dx would drain more power given the same processor & larger screen

MrKleen

Reaction score
I used to have the D1 and now I own the D2. Either unit you go with will be a nice improvement.

Most would go with the X unless the keyboard is a must for you. If the keyboard doesn't matter go with the X.

Whatever you decide ....... enjoy!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to have the D1 and now I own the D2. Either unit you go with will be a nice improvement.

Most would go with the X unless the keyboard is a must for you. If the keyboard doesn't matter go with the X.

Whatever you decide ....... enjoy!

I never use the physical keyboard and I went D2. No regrets. The reason I got the D2 is I figured if I rooted I'd need it. turns out I don't.

The X is a bit large, other then that a top notch Droid. Theree was a guy at the dentist office today who had one. we were having a great time talking about our phones until they called my name.

Flowah

Reaction score

naturally, the dx would drain more power given the same processor & larger screen
I thought I saw battery tests putting the X as the top of the Android list for battery life. Either way, it's very good.

I think the camera on the X does 720p doesn't it? The 2 camera is barely better than the original.

Other than that, they are identical on the inside in terms of cpu, ram, rom.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I love my DX, no regrets. The size is great, after you use it alil while you'll wonder how you ever used such a small screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

zero7404

Reaction score

I thought I saw battery tests putting the X as the top of the Android list for battery life. Either way, it's very good.

I think the camera on the X does 720p doesn't it? The 2 camera is barely better than the original.

not sure what tests you spotted out there .... logically speaking, from an uninfluenced perspective, the larger the screen, the more power consumed. since the internals are otherwise the same, the comparison would be between battery capacities ...

there is news out there of new android devices coming from motorola, if you care to hold out and see what the dual-cores have to offer ...

Jordan8

Reaction score

not sure what tests you spotted out there .... logically speaking, from an uninfluenced perspective, the larger the screen, the more power consumed. since the internals are otherwise the same, the comparison would be between battery capacities ...

there is news out there of new android devices coming from motorola, if you care to hold out and see what the dual-cores have to offer ...

I've read something another about the X being ontop of the android battery life list as well... don't remember where.

MrKleen

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]I've read something another about the X being ontop of the android battery life list as well... don't remember where.[/QUOTE]

Usually from someone that has an X... :)

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Well, this one for instance...Droid X Comes Out on Top in Android Phone Battery Life Comparisons | Android Phone Fans Chart from this test below for those with reading comprehension problems...:D

Android-Battery-life-chart-550x256.gif

Or, you can use this Spec Sheet comparison...Best Android Phones | Page 2

And, if thats not enough, then a casual browsing of just about any Droid based forum will result in more people complaining about the "other" Droid phones having shorter battery life than the DX...:)

B

budmonster

arent there batteries you can buy for the dx that last longer that battery it came with? replace the stock 1500 mah one?

B

budmonster

arent there batteries you can buy for the dx that last longer that battery it came with? replace the stock 1500 mah one?
Yes...The Extended Battery, Part#: MOTDRDXBATX, 1930 mAh, for around $49.99 from Verizon Online.

im not a genius lol but im guessing, the higher the number the better the battery is? so 1930 is hell of a lot better than the 1500 mAh DX stock one?

is 1930 as high as it gets? im looking for the best battery possible. dont wont my phone to ever die lol.

darkmatter

Reaction score

not sure how exactly that works with the screen size. sure the actual screen on the X is bigger, but its the same pixel count as the 1 and 2. Is it actual screen size or pixels that determine power consumption?

I'm personally waiting for an android phone running the tegra2 processor (there has to be one in the works, I'm sure
)... dancedroid

*edit
http://www.slashgear.com/motorola-olympus-tegra-2-powered-smartphone-caught-in-wild-23115681/

edit edit
http://www.coated.com/lg-dual-core-tegra-2-android-phone-arrives-in-2011-1116201001/

"It’s also believed that this will be a stock version of Android with limited to no changes to the user interface"

sounds like it could be very interesting to the modding community.

Last edited:

Flowah

Reaction score
I've read something another about the X being ontop of the android battery life list as well... don't remember where.[/QUOTE]

Usually from someone that has an X... :)[/QUOTE]
It was a test done on some tech website. Multiple android phones, 1 winner. The X.