Droid 2 or Inc?

sokay

Reaction score
I recently found out that Verizon is giving early upgrades to people with non smart phones who want to get a smart phone. This is perfect for me because I have wanted a smart phone for a while now, but I still have a year left before I would normally be eligible for an upgrade.

I went to the Verizon store to play with the phones the other day and have narrowed it down to either the Droid 2 or Inc. I have friends who own both and I have played with them a lot, but I still can't decide.

I have heard that the Inc has a horrible battery and that the D2 tends to drop calls a lot. But I have also heard that they are both great phones.

Can anyone help me out here? Preferably with a solid list of pros and cons for both, but even just some insight on owning either would be nice.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! Both are great phones so you can't really go wrong either way! The battery on the Inc isn't the greatest and I haven't heard of an issue with dropped calls on the D2. The Motorolas tend to have a lil better reception than the other brands, which plays a BIG part in their battery life. The Snapdragon processor is a BEAST though!

DroidForums junkie!

DropC

Reaction score
Droid Incredible
-better camera
-full custom ROMS**
-beautiful display
-HTC Sense*

Droid 2
-keyboard
-better battery life

*Whether you like Blur our Sense more is a matter of opinion, but the fact of the matter is that some features of blur are quite literally broken.

** While you may not care about this now, when the Droid 2 stops getting operating system updates and there's nothing you can do about it, the fact that the Incredible will more than likely be getting ports of the latest operating system updates for a good time into the future WILL make you regret your decision.

And this comes from a Droid X owner. Don't get me wrong; both phones are amazing, but I think that the Incredible is a better choice... Even with the shorter battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

deadhead15

Reaction score
Hey welcome to the forums, I myself have the incredible and the only con I can think of after owning it for a week or so is the battery, honestly best phone I've ever had it is my first Droid had came from a blackberry couldn't go back, but that said I'm going to be returning my inc for the x soon (personal preference) but if your thinking of the incredible the phone overall is very fast and the v keyboard is amazingly responsive even with my gorilla paws, honest only con I can conjure from the top of my head is the battery life, the d2 seems pretty b.a. as well though Haha if you gotta be stuck between a rock and a hard place those are two pretty stellar options

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
S

sokay

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. They have honestly helped a lot and I think I am leaning a little bit more towards the Inc now.

Another question though, I REALLY liked the swype keyboard on the D2 and wish the Inc had it too. I've heard that there's an app for that (lol), does anyone know if it works just a well as the swype on the D2?

DropC

Reaction score
I think that there's a way to port Swype over. I'm not sure though.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had to make this decision last week, I went with the Incredible.

It's much lighter and has HTC sense, which i prefer over motoblur. Most of all i realized i didnt use my keyboard on my original droid, so no need for the added weight. The incredbile does all i want and some, could ask for a better phone. well...battery life could be better, but I used to charge my Droid every night anyway

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Droid Incredible
-better camera
-full custom ROMS**
-beautiful display
-HTC Sense*

Droid 2
-keyboard
-better battery life

*Whether you like Blur our Sense more is a matter of opinion, but the fact of the matter is that some features of blur are quite literally broken.

** While you may not care about this now, when the Droid 2 stops getting operating system updates and there's nothing you can do about it, the fact that the Incredible will more than likely be getting ports of the latest operating system updates for a good time into the future WILL make you regret your decision.

And this comes from a Droid X owner. Don't get me wrong; both phones are amazing, but I think that the Incredible is a better choice... Even with the shorter battery life.

The issue of battery life on the Dinc is easily fixed: Seidio makes a Model 3500 extended battery for the Dinc which increases battery life exponentially - I mean a BIG time improvement. It comes with a free battery cover replacement because the replacement battery is too large to fit under the existing battery cover. That solved ALL of my battery drain issues on my Dinc.

Since installing the Seidio battery, I have my brightness cranked all of the way up, I leave GPS on all of the time, and I still get several *days* worth of use between chargings. The only thing is, try to get that battery from Amazon.com because they're cheaper than buying directly from Seidio.

-Mike