Droid 2 now available online at VerizonWireless

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid2-released.jpg

The Motorola Droid 2 is now available to purchase online through VerizonWireless.com. We have already received word that orders place this morning are being filled and emails have been sent with shipping confirmations. Tomorrow is still set for the official launch of the Droid 2 for Verizon retail stores, Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack, etc, etc.

We would like welcome all new Droid2 owners to DroidForums! If your upgrading from the original Motorola Droid, be sure to let us know your thoughts.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
It looks like it is 0.03" longer than the Droid, which means that it might not fit into the Droid home dock. :( Oh well, I still have 11 months on my contract.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
you just walk in and play with it and walk out?
Yes, I tell the Door Person "no thanks" when they ask if they can help me and find the newest Droid, download Quadrant, run some tests and give out advice to would be new Android Device Owners, the customers appreciate it, but sometimes I get dirty looks from the sales people

bhall238

Reaction score
With 3G hotspot; wouldn't that mean it comes with 2.2 installed?

bhall238

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll go into the store to play with one this weekend. I like the idea of a full and clean (not patched) Froyo dancedroid. I still have to wait till November for my official update date though and by that time whatever I get will have this. I never realized I had this much patience.....

cdipier2

Reaction score
i ordered my droid 2 this morning around 8 and i got an email around 10:45 saying it was shipped. i cant wait!

seabreeze_33

Reaction score
Upgrade?

I got the original Motorola Droid early December. This summer has been frustrating because it keeps doing the usual thing people have mentioned, shutting off randomly and turning back on. It particularly sucked when I had to go to work in the morning and it decided to shut off and turn back on in the middle of the night, opening up all of the unwanted apps, then draining my battery, leaving me with no alarm to wake me up.
I have read from everyone having this problem that they return their phones and Verizon gets them a new motorola droid. I was about to do this last night but saw they had taken it off the Verizon online store. Does this mean if we get a new one from the store now we will get the second generation?

droid2ftw

Reaction score
this is bullcrap, i ordered mine today at 230 AM est and still haven't got any shipping confirmation! How is someone who ordered at 8 AM order being placed before someone who ordered at 230 AM? Makes no sense to me

TheOldFart

Reaction score
this is bullcrap, i ordered mine today at 230 AM est and still haven't got any shipping confirmation! How is someone who ordered at 8 AM order being placed before someone who ordered at 230 AM? Makes no sense to me

Perhaps different areas of the country and different warehouses. Just a guess. Or perhaps someone at Verizon doesn't like you. :)

dverplank

Reaction score
I got to play with one today! It is amazing. The browser loads flash sites soooooo seamlessly. I had a D1 ****ty moto blurr but not for nothing I like the twiiter/facebook apps so I can see when new stuff is out. ADW will be a must on this. They relocated the mic so there is no "double chinning" it when you hold it against your shoulder to talk on the phone. The camera did not make that weird focusing noise when enabled and loaded way quicker.

Should I keep my X or return it for the d2? hmmmmmm what are the devs going to be playing with?

The bigger screen is nice but does have its draw backs....I find myself using go go gadget finger to reach my favorites on the dialer and the hard buttons are kinda clicky, noisy.

just my 2 cents....hope this helps

Oh....the 8 gig card is a disappointment (why not 16 like the d1 and X)