Droid 2 newbie - question

ratgirlny

Reaction score
I am new to the Droid, having waited for most of the summer for Droid 2. My question may sound really dumb to all of you experienced users, but here goes : I received my Droid 2 today, and charged it up. When it is hooked to the charger, and I press the power button, I get a battery level of 100%. When I unhook it from the charger and press the power button, nothing happens at all. No activation screen, no green android, nothing. Do I need to make the activation phone call before anything will happen? I hesitate to do that because if there is something wrong with the phone, I don't want to have lost access to my old phone - I need a working phone.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I am new to the Droid, having waited for most of the summer for Droid 2. My question may sound really dumb to all of you experienced users, but here goes : I received my Droid 2 today, and charged it up. When it is hooked to the charger, and I press the power button, I get a battery level of 100%. When I unhook it from the charger and press the power button, nothing happens at all. No activation screen, no green android, nothing. Do I need to make the activation phone call before anything will happen? I hesitate to do that because if there is something wrong with the phone, I don't want to have lost access to my old phone - I need a working phone.

Personally id take it to verizon, no matter how charged it is it should at least power on.

and make sure the battery is actually in the phone ;)

OP
R

ratgirlny

Reaction score
If the battery wasn't inserted properly, though, I wouldn't see the charge level, right? That displays.
Aargh! I've been waiting all summer.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
it may still say 100% by default im not sure i've never charged my phone without the battery in, just check the battery connections and bring it to verizon to check out, its better than sitting there wondering if the phone you have been waiting for all summer doesnt work.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Did you buy it in a store? If so, they may have activated it there. Just have someone call or text you and see if it goes through. Heck, just open up the web browser and see if you can load a page.

OP
R

ratgirlny

Reaction score
I ordered it from the website yesterday. It is definitely not activated because my old phone is still working.

When I started charging it, the display said 80% and an hour later, it said 100% so it isn't displaying that by default.

However, one thing - I can't figure out how to slide the battery cover on. Maybe that is a problem?

It would be nice if phones came with instructions these days but I guess that is too much to ask

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't figure out the battery cover? You should probably send the phone back.

As for turning it on, if the battery is in there and has some charge you should be able to press on the power button ONE TIME continuously for about THREE SECONDS and it will boot up. If not, send it back.