Droid 2 Motoblur Facebook app is a pile of steaming Goat poop

Josefius

Reaction score
[rant]
There is no contacts sync option in the official Facebook application for the Droid 2/X (and who knows how many other versions of Motorola with Motoblur)

This is outrageous. I spent too much time on this, the D1 worked flawlessly. I ended up having to back-up my contacts and purge the contacts cache and reimport for it to allow me to remove the damn facebook users from my contacts. It imports ALL your facebook friends which is stupid. I just want to sync with my current phone contacts. I lost my corporate contacts and my email over this BS, had to resync from a backup.

Why do I have two Facebook icons in the application manager, one doesn't work (official facebook) and the Moto one has to work separately. Twitter doesn't do this, I'm able to sync just fine with it. Apparently Zuckerberg doesn't use a Motorola Droid with Motoblur, or it would be fixed ASAP. Shameful. [/rant]

Last edited:
OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
I think that is more of an issue with motoblur than facebook

My Droid 1 Facebook app has the option to Sync contacts, when it's installed on the Droid 2 it doesn't, not sure why. I know it's Motoblur causing the problem, because I am forced to use the Motoblur Facebook sync item to show up in the accounts area, odd that I can use the official Twitter app and not the official Facebook app.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
I did, doesn't show up in options.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Go to contacts > hit menu key > accounts, it should have your facebook and gmail + whatever else you have logged to your phone. Click the facebook one and check Sync Contacts.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
Did that too, doent add it, even tried logging out of the official one and logging in via that menu. All it does it go to facebook instead of adding to the sync list.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
I see no option to do that from menu > options > accounts.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
The only one I can add is the Moto facebook, there are two Facebook icons, one is the Moto one, the other is the one I downloaded from the google app store made by Facebook, that one doesn't get added, no matter what I do.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
After I'm logged into the official facebook from the appstore, I try to add the official app, and it just refreshes the screen without showing the dialog box. :icon_evil:

When I log out, I try to add to the list via that icon and it asks me to login, but just goes straight to facebook. When I go to the facebook options, there is no sync with contacts like it used to have in the old one below the help area on the bottom. I have no clue why this is, but if there's a way to fix it I would love an answer.

By the way, my D2 version is:

Android version: 2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-ga42712e dbretzm1@il93lnxdroid22 #1
ERI version: 5
PRL version: 52280