droid 2 major problems-help!!!

sarahmaccc

Reaction score
I need a lot of help!!
Last night my phone gave me a bootloader screen and wouldn't do anything else so I went and got it looked at and they gave me a new battery and it was all fine.
Now my k button types kc, my c button types kc, my p types p@, the right arrow won't work, the period button is a coma, I can't turn down the volume and last but not least, it keeps starting the camera and taking pictures repeatitively. I press the home button and i can do something for maybe 30 seconds before the camera starts again.
I've taken the battery out and restarting the phone. I even tried a soft reset... please help!!

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
I need a lot of help!!
Last night my phone gave me a bootloader screen and wouldn't do anything else so I went and got it looked at and they gave me a new battery and it was all fine.
Now my k button types kc, my c button types kc, my p types p@, the right arrow won't work, the period button is a coma, I can't turn down the volume and last but not least, it keeps starting the camera and taking pictures repeatitively. I press the home button and i can do something for maybe 30 seconds before the camera starts again.
I've taken the battery out and restarting the phone. I even tried a soft reset... please help!!

Well you can try resetting to factory condition, but if that doesn't work you'll need to request a warranty replacement from Verizon. Factory reset option will be found in settings under either "Privacy" or "SD Card & Storage" (I always get it mixed up since I have to remember this for so many phones).

If your phone is too messed up to let you get there:
You'll need to pull the battery out and then Power on while holding the X button. When the display comes up, Press Vol. Up & Camera together, then use the direction arrows and OK to navigate to Wipe/Factory Reset, after that completes select Reboot.

If the problem persists then you'll need a replacement, as your device is likely whacked. Hopefully your phone is in good condition, because they'll charge you 300 bucks if it's got any significant wear and tear, and you can't undo it once they charge you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need a lot of help!!

Well you can try resetting to factory condition, but if that doesn't work you'll need to request a warranty replacement from Verizon. Factory reset option will be found in settings under either "Privacy" or "SD Card & Storage" (I always get it mixed up since I have to remember this for so many phones).

If your phone is too messed up to let you get there:
You'll need to pull the battery out and then Power on while holding the X button. When the display comes up, Press Vol. Up & Camera together, then use the direction arrows and OK to navigate to Wipe/Factory Reset, after that completes select Reboot.

If the problem persists then you'll need a replacement, as your device is likely whacked. Hopefully your phone is in good condition, because they'll charge you 300 bucks if it's got any significant wear and tear, and you can't undo it once they charge you.

Excellent advice…..but may I add one thing.

Don't bring it into a store for exchange. Call Verizon and do it by phone. You'll get it faster and with less hassle.

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
Excellent advice…..but may I add one thing.

Don't bring it into a store for exchange. Call Verizon and do it by phone. You'll get it faster and with less hassle.

Very true actually, because now they'll just ship it to you anyways since stores no longer stock warranty devices.

OP
S

sarahmaccc

Reaction score
Okay but once I factory reset it how do I use backup assistant to get my numbers back?