Droid 2 Last of the QWERTY sliders before the "touchscreen-only" reverse evolution?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by DroidDryad, Oct 13, 2013.

1. DroidDryad

DroidDryad New Member

Seems I'm part of a disappearing species - I prefer horizontal QWERTY phones...am I weird? :blink:

Simply feels like it, because there are no new ones out there...almost everyone uses touchscreen-only-phones, a lot of them not even horizontal/virtual keyboard/thumbs, but in "one finger stab mode" : looks to me like evolution gone backwards.

Anyway, I find Droid2Global a really impression, solid phone, though quite old now.

Not much posts in the Droid2 section for a while; is there someone sharing (or opposing) my thoughts or excitement for it? :)
  2. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 New Member

when we first got android phones at work, everyone was used to Blackberries. We made a decision to bring in androids with sliding keyboards to help with tactile familiarity... within the first year everyone had converted to using the touch screen keyboards.

an endangered species indeed! lol
  3. themib

themib Well-Known Member

4. DroidDryad

DroidDryad New Member

:) thanks for finding this; makes me feel less weird :)

PS: apart from what I wrote above, that the virtual keyboard CAN be used horizontal, the minority of "the public" does it: most people on the street I see type on their devices holding it with on hand, typing one-fingered with the other...makes me chuckle every time :D
  5. AECRADIO

AECRADIO Member

Who says people are moving to touch screen phones, and forgetting the work horses?
    Here's my stallion, still running!
    DSCF0932.JPG
    I still love the sturdy feel of the D2-A955.
Search tags for this page

best horizontal qwerty phones that does not run touch screen

droid bionic qwerty