Droid 2 - Just a few questions.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by reichbc, Aug 25, 2010.

1. reichbc

reichbc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figure that I would come to the people who know what they're doing with these things - or at least those who have owned the phone for more than a few days.

Is it possible to turn off the feature that activated Voice Commands by double-tapping Home?

Is there any way to get rid of the extra useless CRAP that Motorola threw in? (Blockbuster, DLNA, Backup Assistant, 'Social Networking', just to name a few)

Am I able to turn off the Media Share function? Gets annoying every time I connect with WiFi or plug it into USB...

Thanks all, and much appreciated.

2. gonnadie4thegov

Ratings:
    +0
    1. I haven't seen a way but i dont hit home twice like that so it hasn't bothered me to look but ill see

2. Not until the phone can be rooted. 2.2 is supposed to be a ***** so it might be a few weeks or so.

3.That doesnt turn on when i connect to my wifi at home and when i plug it into my computer it just connects as an external drive automatically. Check the settings in the app?

3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    1: go into settings>apps>bottom option (at least it is for the DX)

2: use launcher pro - it can hide them in the app dock so you dont have to see them

3: when it comes up, you should be able to go into settings and turn off notifications