Droid 2 is driving me mad.

tliebeck

Reaction score
I'm a developer and as such have a bunch of Android phones for testing. I chose a Droid 2 to replace my Droid 1 as my personal phone when it came out.

This phone appears to have a great number of problems compared to the Droid 1. It commonly refuses to answer calls (dragging the slider has no effect). It frequently locks up after a brief period of lag. My Motorola stereo bluetooth headset can frequently cause it to lock up as well. The whole experience is fairly infuriating, with one of these issues occurring at least once if not twice per week, typically at the worst possible moment.

This phone was purchased on the day it was released. I don't run much in the way of background processes, and do of course run our own "SystemPanel" app to monitor the device and there aren't any runaway processes that correlate with the failures.

I'm just curious if others are seeing these types of troubles with the Droid 2 as well. If it's a defective phone I'll have it replaced, but if this is par for the course I'll just keep it as a test device and go back to the trusty Droid 1.

PS, I did root it to remove CityID, thinking it might be the cause of the problem, unfortunately it was not.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a developer and as such have a bunch of Android phones for testing. I chose a Droid 2 to replace my Droid 1 as my personal phone when it came out.

This phone appears to have a great number of problems compared to the Droid 1. It commonly refuses to answer calls (dragging the slider has no effect). It frequently locks up after a brief period of lag. My Motorola stereo bluetooth headset can frequently cause it to lock up as well. The whole experience is fairly infuriating, with one of these issues occurring at least once if not twice per week, typically at the worst possible moment.

This phone was purchased on the day it was released. I don't run much in the way of background processes, and do of course run our own "SystemPanel" app to monitor the device and there aren't any runaway processes that correlate with the failures.

I'm just curious if others are seeing these types of troubles with the Droid 2 as well. If it's a defective phone I'll have it replaced, but if this is par for the course I'll just keep it as a test device and go back to the trusty Droid 1.

PS, I did root it to remove CityID, thinking it might be the cause of the problem, unfortunately it was not.

Nope, mine works as good as my Droid 1. I'm not rooted.

Hey you might want to go back to stock and download the upgreade for it. 2.3.2 is now available.