Droid 2 hacking/rom install class

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to be honest I am stumped. I am tempted to suggest rsdlite but am not sure that will work. I am reading multiple forums right now for similar issues. Because so far everyone had been rerooting like they rooted before.

Quagmyer

Reaction score
to be honest I am stumped. I am tempted to suggest rsdlite but am not sure that will work. I am reading multiple forums right now for similar issues. Because so far everyone had been rerooting like they rooted before.

Wouldn't happen to have a link to a nice walk-through for a rsdlite? ill give it a try.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use their rsdlite, but in this thread there is a video of the basics of how to set it up.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes it is the file that vzw would use to reflash your phone.

jcg11

Reaction score
I have a question. I have the ota 2.3.20 update already. I performed the 1-2-3 easy root and got my super user permision. I went to the correct rsdlight and went through the tutoral. After I got the triangle with the "i" I got to the wipe all data screen. My question is, should I do this right now if I have no backup? Won't this cause me to loose all my apps and data? Is there another process I should do before this?

Also, since I declined to finish wiping all my data. I now have a blue triangle where my 3g status used to be and no access to internet. Any ideas?

uneronumo

Reaction score
I'm a little lost

Received my Droid 2 already updated to 2.3.20. Performed the "Computerless" (terminal emulator) steps to achieve root. Purchased Bootstrap and booted into recovery. Backed up. Attempted to install ROM (Fission vanilla 2.0.1).

It seems everything worked until this point, but when I reboot after ROM install, it gets stuck at the "android" logo screen that replaces the "droid eye". I read that the first boot takes a while, but I let it sit for about 30 min and nothing happened. I was able to reinstall my backup and i'm functioning in Blur, but I hate it. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks for your help!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Received my Droid 2 already updated to 2.3.20. Performed the "Computerless" (terminal emulator) steps to achieve root. Purchased Bootstrap and booted into recovery. Backed up. Attempted to install ROM (Fission vanilla 2.0.1).

It seems everything worked until this point, but when I reboot after ROM install, it gets stuck at the "android" logo screen that replaces the "droid eye". I read that the first boot takes a while, but I let it sit for about 30 min and nothing happened. I was able to reinstall my backup and i'm functioning in Blur, but I hate it. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Thanks for your help!

First off, good job! You so far are doing the things you need to do... you would be surprised how many people don't do a backup.

Based on what you wrote I would just try again and follow the directions. You may not have done anything wrong, maybe just had a glitch. Try again and let us know how it went.

uneronumo

Reaction score

Thanks for your help!

First off, good job! You so far are doing the things you need to do... you would be surprised how many people don't do a backup.

Based on what you wrote I would just try again and follow the directions. You may not have done anything wrong, maybe just had a glitch. Try again and let us know how it went.

I went through all the steps again and it seems to have worked! I guess just a little encouragement was what I needed. Thanks!

Now all I have to figure out is how to load the Car Home app back on to my phone when the market doesn't seem to want to find it...

thebird36

Reaction score
i got the stuff on my sd card when i enter commands do i just let it sit?

i have all the progs on my sd card i entered the commands do i hit a button after i enter them? or just enter them and let it sit

thebird36

Reaction score
so do i need bootstrap and rsdlite to put roms on? i maybe want to get unleashed er something do i need those to put that on? i have rom manager

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bootstrap gives you a custom recovery for roms, rsdlite is just in case you need to fix your phone.

thebird36

Reaction score
well i just want to get a rom on here and everywhere i go to says i need bootstrap for the reboot recov on it so i assume i have to cop out and purchase it?