Droid 2 hacking/rom install class

A Nobody

Reaction score
Pc747 got a question for you: is there away we can get a video of the droid 2 sbf video. I tried to send a copy of this to a co-worker today and I think the droid x being in the video was really confusing him. I sent him an email of this thread hopefully it helps him...but having a droid 2 instead of a droid x would make it easier... thanks.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pc747 got a question for you: is there away we can get a video of the droid 2 sbf video. I tried to send a copy of this to a co-worker today and I think the droid x being in the video was really confusing him. I sent him an email of this thread hopefully it helps him...but having a droid 2 instead of a droid x would make it easier... thanks.

I tried looking for one but the only video with the droid 2 is using linux and I doubt a lot of people use linux and I did not want people to go crazy trying to put linux on their computer just to follow the video. Who ever the person is that is having problems send him my way and I will try to help. Just make sure they have the motoconnect driver from here: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

make sure they have the rsdlite file and sbf file from here: TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

And after downloading all those its just a matter of booting into the bootloader, connecting your laptop to your device, then click on rsdlite program, and find the sbf file and click start. Most problems people have are because they did not have the motoconnect driver installed. The other problem, which is rare but happened a few months back....if your connection is not great the file can get corrupted during a download. I actually did not know that could happen and i suggested redownloading the file and it worked.
oh make sure you have atleast 80% battery life..you can do it with less but if you wait until your battery is real low and your phone dies during sbf process then you will have to start from the beginning with a new battery or charged battery. I think I covered all potential issues if any..but for the most part its straight forward. Even though I have the droid x video there it is there just to give you a visual of what the bootloader looks like and the basic steps for rsd lite...that video is not for people to follow step by step. Follow the step in my thread...use the video as a sort of visual.

Hope that helps your friend.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Is there a way to return to stock by using an app or something similar? Just like on the OG.

Edit: my pc is in heaven and I will be receiving a replacement soon.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
z4root app will get you back to stock but if you used bootstrap recovery it will still be there and to keep them from potentially voiding your warranty you want to make sure you remove that recovery and the quickest way is with sbf. But on the other hand you actually can unroot and remove boot strap via root explorer.
First you would have to use root explorer and follow this step:

Terminal Emulator commands:
Removal from an Androidforums post:
UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
Reboot
-su
-mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
-cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper
Reboot

Then use root explorer and do these commands to unroot:
- open your trusty terminal app
- you should see a $ symbol, now do the following
- su
- now you should see a # symbol
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
- rm /system/bin/su
* rm /system/bin/busybox
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- reboot your phone. Toda, no more root

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am more comfortable with the sbf but that should remove bootstrap and remove the super user.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
When I first rooted my phone I did a stock only root back up, just in case. So I restored my phone to that and unrooted with Z4root. So I am stock no root right now, but I didn't know if it was completely back to stock the way I did it.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes and if you want to clean it before putting it in the box just do a factory data reset and you should be good to go.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I did a master reset and I cleared caches on the stock recovery but the su and bootstrap is still there so I guess I will have to try the commands

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Sorry to bother but I have never used terminal emulator before and I cnt get it to work I type in all the commands but it keeps saying -O not found. I am rooted, I have rootexplorer but I just dnt get it.

Edit: ok never mind I got and yes it worked, no more su, I found that the problem was that su was spelled SuperUser.apk and I was writing superuser.apk, I guess capitals matter. So I am back to stock and ready for the next. I'm happy cuz now I know how to use terminal commands. Thanks a lot.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you use bootstrap hitting reboot recovery will take you to the clockwork recovery menu to make a backup.

If you use rom manager hit the backup current tom to backup in recovery. Either way the backup is not complete unless you see it boot into recovery and see it actually back up info. At times rom manager will try to boot into recovery and just reboot.

tonyadurr

Reaction score
I am a noob and trying to root. When I open the terminal Emulator and start typing in the commands, the second command says permission denied???? PLEASE HELP!!!!

tonyadurr

Reaction score
when you go to the super one click root page and try to download it, if your a new member it wont let you download it........AHHHHHHHHHHH I want to scream.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Post a few times then download it.