Droid 2 hacking/rom install class

thebird36

Reaction score
I have the drivers the only I don't have is the s flash 1 I can't put it on it needs a disc everytime I plug into it for rsdlite I have the full sbf and rsdlite 4.8 I can reupdate them and the reason why I'm sbfing is because I put a rom on wrong so it screwed with stuff

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

thebird36

Reaction score
when i go to download the drivers which link to i click on the motorola website pc driver 1 or pc driver 2

thebird36

Reaction score
nvm! im all rooted now so i can use reboot recovery now i jsut had to reroot it like i did wen i first rooted

XanRules

Reaction score
so what, if anything, changes with the first Monday class procedure (posts 2 and 8) if I'm running 2.3.0, the most recent OTA update?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so what, if anything, changes with the first Monday class procedure (posts 2 and 8) if I'm running 2.3.0, the most recent OTA update?

Use the z4root app from the android market.

XanRules

Reaction score
z4root app and follow the instructions from the app, or follow these instructions from here?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
z4root and just push the button and it will root your phone for you. If should not take more than 5 mins. If it is taking longer than that or it seems like it is taking for ever to reboot, do a battery pull and then run the app again and it will work. Oh and install the english version.

XanRules

Reaction score
Oh and install the english version.
;)

And from there, I can do all this cool with custom boot screens, deleting my bloatware, etc?
More importantly, it stays rooted until I tell it to un-root?
and if I do un-root it, will the bloatware still be gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh and install the english version.
;)

And from there, I can do all this cool with custom boot screens, deleting my bloatware, etc?
More importantly, it stays rooted until I tell it to un-root?
and if I do un-root it, will the bloatware still be gone?

Yes you can please make a nandroid back up first.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes to all. Be forewarned be prepared to restore the bloat you get rid of because if it is missing future updates will fail.

XanRules

Reaction score
Yes to all. Be forewarned be prepared to restore the bloat you get rid of because if it is missing future updates will fail.

and I'd have to restore it with any nandroid backup file I've created, then re-root and do it all over again?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes. You can do a nandroid backup the minute after you root before removing anything and when it comes time to update restore that and take the update. You will most likely have to reroot after any update.

XanRules

Reaction score
Yes. You can do a nandroid backup the minute after you root before removing anything and when it comes time to update restore that and take the update. You will most likely have to reroot after any update.

So.

Get z4app.
Root.
Make nandroid backup.
Delete garbage.

When an update is available:
revert phone to nandroid backup.
Update.
Re-root with z4app.
Re-remove bloatware.
???
Profit!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is what I would do, i would make a nandroid back up right now of everything intact then play around with bloat that way if you remove something that you really need you can restore your backup. Also please get sbf installed on your pc and ready to go before flashing ANY roms. Though you have a nandroid backup, if you get stuck at the M the backup will not do you any good because you can not boot into clockwork recovery.
I personally prefer titanium backup and I will freeze the apps that way I can see how the phone will be effected before removing a key app. Plus I can defrost when ready.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

You can find the sbf there ^