Droid 2 Gobal physical keyboard doubles letters

D

Droidgirl2

Hello,
I know this is already a topic on this forum but I wanted to see if anybody had any solution on how to fix this issue.
I have a Droid 2 Global, lately on my physical keyboard I have noticed when I am typing, a lot of times letters will double. For example. I will type "look at this." But it will come out as "llook at this."
This seems to be a common issue right now even on a virtual keyboard. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this?
Thanks.

timp

Reaction score
Having the exact same problem on myy droid 2...it's becoming a nightmare to ttype ppasswwords and log in t tthings. Swype works fine. This started right after I flashed the gingerbread leak. anybody have ideas?

Vortec6

Reaction score
My droid2 is doing the same thing, and so is my girlfriends droid...wtf?? Please somebody help!

nateishxc

Reaction score
i have the same problem and its really frustrating because i like to use the physical keyboard alot, but with the double letters it forces me to use on screen keyboard

sweetTip

Reaction score
same problem!

My droid 2 was doing the same thing! It got really annoying bc I started to sound like an illiterate fool when it came to texting someone back. I put up with it for a month and within that month not only was I really use to hitting the delete button to correct the crap the phone was inputting on its own for me but the phone was also inserting periods and turning my replies into seperate sentences bc of the periods!

I took my phone into verizon today. Told the technician my phone was double and triple typing letters on the qwerty keyboard whenever I needed to use the keyboard whether it be to text mssg someone, email, or go onto the internet. I put up with it for a month and now i'm supremely annoyed. The tech took the phone, played with it for a minute. Than said since my phone was still covered under warranty he will have my new phone delivered with 2 day shipping.
he said it was a problem with the phone he was familiar with so he had no issues getting me a new phone.

I just hope with this new phone it solves all the issues I had with the previous!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems like a common bug. My d2 does this as well

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

zazabichi

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my D2G. It doubles and sometime tripples "p", "l" and "o" letters. unfortunately I'm using this phone outside of USA and there is no VZ warranty.
So I should solve this problem by myself. if there is some hardware issue, I should buy a new spare part and replace it.
If you have some some additional information about this issue, please provide me with it.

Regards,
Zaza

lhowe24

Reaction score
I am also having this problem on my Droid 2 Global, but I've found that it works better if you type slowly rather than fast.

warped1987

Reaction score
Everyone, go into the market and download Gingerbread Keyboard, it's what I've been using for a month or two now since the problem started and it's the only thing to fix it. IDK why an on screen keyboard would fix the Physical keyboards problem but it did. Just make sure to follow the instructions on how to turn the keyboard on.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
D

Droidgirl2

Everyone, go into the market and download Gingerbread Keyboard, it's what I've been using for a month or two now since the problem started and it's the only thing to fix it. IDK why an on screen keyboard would fix the Physical keyboards problem but it did. Just make sure to follow the instructions on how to turn the keyboard on.

I went to the market place but it is showing me two gingerbread keyboards. One is by better android called keyboard 8 and one is called gingerbread 2.3 keyboard by Steven Lin. Which one do I download? Thanks.

warped1987

Reaction score
The Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard is the one. I would be using the SwiftKey X keyboard I got for free from Amazon AppStore, but it's got some bugs to work out and some features I don't like, and can't de-select

MO3iusONE

Reaction score

Wow, thanks for posting this. Can't believe this actually worked. Thanks! :icon_ banana:

csluyuan

Reaction score
I took my phone into verizon today. Told the technician my phone was double and triple typing letters on the qwerty keyboard whenever I needed to use the keyboard whether it be to text mssg someone, email, or go onto the internet. I put up with it for a month and now i'm supremely annoyed. The tech took the phone, played with it for a minute. Than said since my phone was still covered under warranty he will have my new phone delivered with 2 day shipping.
he said it was a problem with the phone he was familiar with so he had no issues getting me a new phone.