Droid 2 Global

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Hollybabyrx12, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Hollybabyrx12

Hollybabyrx12 New Member

Hi,

I'm having serious issues with my D2G screen. It has not gotten wet or been in any sort of moisture. Without warning, the pixels on the screen would look slurred, then the screen would go blank. The first few times a battery pull would help. Now the screen is black and won't come up at all. It is responsive to touch as it still provides haptic feedback, but no picture at all. The back light on the keyboard and the bottom touch-sensitive buttons will come on. It is Froyo and is rooted and running the Fission Rom. I have searched the forum somewhat but haven't found any answers that might help that I haven't all ready tried. It has been like this for a while now. Here is what I have tried: leaving the battery out for a few days, powering on both connected to and not connected to the computer and charger, powering on connected to the charger minus the battery, pressing the search +x, which will reboot into recovery, but still nothing on the screen; rebooting while pressing the up/down key.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially since I cannot take the rooted phone to Verizon.

Thank you!

Sent from a borrowed Bionic
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

It's a hardware failure; a flex cable failure to be more specific. Is the phone still within the one year manufacturer warranty? If so, take it to them. If not, you can attempt to repair it on your own.

Motorola devices aren't usually difficult, but they may require some time.

Motorola Droid 2 Global A956 Flex Cable Replacement
  3. Hollybabyrx12

Hollybabyrx12 New Member

It is within a few days of the one year warranty being up and I know if I take it to Vzw, they are gonna say its because its rooted. I did rebuild my Blackberry when I dropped it in my drink so I think replacing the cable is the way to go. Thank you sooooo much!!!

Sent from a borrowed Bionic
Search tags for this page
blank screen no light on droid 2 global

droid 2 global black screen

droid 2 global black screen fixes
droid 2 global black screen solved

droid 2 global blank screen

droid 2 global screen blank

droid 2 global screen is black

how can i fix black screen on my motorola droid 3 global
how to fix a black screen on a motorola droid global 2
how to fix droid 2 global black screen