Droid 2 global

kartvines

Reaction score
Trying to learn all about this new phone, switch from a Verizon Blackberry Strom 2, and it seems as if thee is no common ground with these 2 phones.

I am sure I will get it sooner than later, but I need to locate where I can change my touch screen setting, I have to push too hard to get anything to work, the touch screen need to be more sensitive, can anyone direct me how how to adjust it?

Also I am used to cut and paste, and I downloaded a couple app, and they both told me the phone needed to be rooted, and I have no clue what that means and why I need to root my phone so I would also welcome input on rooting.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Do u have a screen protector on the D2G? As far as I know the screen is very sensitive already and I don't think there's a screen setting to make it more sensitive. And u shouldn't have to press hard at all, if ur not using a screen protector have it checked out.
As for root, I will send u a few links as to what it is. If u can view the stickies section on here, u will find many helpful hints to help u adjust

OP
K

kartvines

Reaction score
learning curve

Well I discovered that yes it has a screen protector, and I must have been doing things incorrectly, today I discovered it I just tap everything twice most of the things works, before I was pushing the icon and it seems to do nothing.

Still have a lot to learn but if I can learn one thing new each day it is a start, is there a better rooting app, or are they all the same?

Once I root the phone I guess only then will I know which of the cut and paste app are the best.dancedroid

Welcome to the forum. Do u have a screen protector on the D2G? As far as I know the screen is very sensitive already and I don't think there's a screen setting to make it more sensitive. And u shouldn't have to press hard at all, if ur not using a screen protector have it checked out.
As for root, I will send u a few links as to what it is. If u can view the stickies section on here, u will find many helpful hints to help u adjust

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Well I rooted with z4 and used bootstrap. To me its the easiest as z4 is a one click unroot.

ALOHA from the Hawaiian D2G / DX / Xoom

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Well I rooted with z4 and used bootstrap. To me its the easiest as z4 is a one click unroot.

Welcome to the forums. I agree with princess, as I too used z4root and droid 2 boot strapper. Once you do that, we will be glad to help you out further. I came to this forum just as you did, new to the droid. Now, I flash roms ask the time and am learning every day. Very helpful people here! ! Need any specific assistance or have any questions feel free to pm me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

Welcome to the forums. I agree with princess, as I too used z4root and droid 2 boot strapper. Once you do that, we will be glad to help you out further. I came to this forum just as you did, new to the droid. Now, I flash roms ask the time and am learning every day. Very helpful people here! ! Need any specific assistance or have any questions feel free to pm me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

awesome, great job on exploring. continue to pay it fwd and help others who need it.

ALOHA from Hawaii

OP
K

kartvines

Reaction score
I was not able to find z4 many others with a similar title, but they don't seem to be for root, and bootstrap is a at cost app and being this is a company phone I am not allow to buy app so what would your advice be?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I was not able to find z4 many others with a similar title, but they don't seem to be for root, and bootstrap is a at cost app and being this is a company phone I am not allow to buy app so what would your advice be?

Search the Amazon App Store app for z4root. It was taken off the market and put on there for some reason.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
and just a reminder to all, not everything is Free and we should donate to the developers who got us all here.

ALOHA from Hawaii