Droid 2 Global (white) cosmetic observations

SilverK20A3

Reaction score
From what I can see, the color scheme for the white one is identical to the R2-D2 edition. Polished silver bezel for the display and off white pearl satin plastic finish for the back.

From a guy's pov, the pearly finish sure makes the white one look more feminine in person. Iphone pulls off the whole unisex thing a lot better I think. But I hate navy blue so pearl white is is, heh.

By calling pearl white "winter white," they must've been referring to 'Champagne powder' in the Rockies. Nm. Stupid snow joke. :p

PS-I've grown so used to the Droid keys it's I keep hitting home instead of menu, and why did they move the back key? the back key used to be in the PERFECT spot for when the keyboard is out. GRRR!

Last edited:

OSX2000

Reaction score
PS-I've grown so used to the Droid keys it's I keep hitting home instead of menu, and why did they move the back key? the back key used to be in the PERFECT spot for when the keyboard is out. GRRR!
I agree, the Droid 1 (and Nexus 1) had the perfect softkey layout. I don't like the new order either.

mguel

Reaction score
I agree, the Droid 1 (and Nexus 1) had the perfect softkey layout. I don't like the new order either.

+1...

the ppl who take design decisions are having great fun experimenting every possible combination.

patfactorx

Reaction score
I like the white just cuz it stands out among Smartphones. Everything looks the same nowdays

tebower

Reaction score
They took the menu key off of the hard keyboard, so the logic in putting the menu soft key on the far left was that it was easily reachable when typing on the hard keyboard.

K20turbo

Reaction score
The white isn't feminine for me at all looks great. If your a car enthusiasts you would appreciate the white simply because its not the simply because it looks a lot like the pearl white from cars such as the Lexus is

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App