Droid 2 Global Unlock & foreign SIM?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
And I'm not sure if that actually lets you unlock. (Note that on an unlocked phone it will still present an unlock request, so you cannot check if the phone was unlocked by simply using this menu.)

Not sure about other phones, but I think it's common for Motorola ones.

silver6054

Reaction score
And I'm not sure if that actually lets you unlock. (Note that on an unlocked phone it will still present an unlock request, so you cannot check if the phone was unlocked by simply using this menu.)

Not sure about other phones, but I think it's common for Motorola ones.
Yes, I was worried when I tried it on my unlocked phone and still got the prompt, but changing SIMs shows that it is still unlocked. I didn't try entering a wrong code, hopefully you really can't relock these phones.

Graymayre

Reaction score
No, it's not in the settings.

Dial #073887* with the stock dialer.

I went to check it out and you're right. The problem is that I specifically remember that i got to the global unlock key input, it even said that there were a limited amount of tries before you can't unlock it. This had nothing to do with the sim password protect, I know better. But I don't think I used any dialer code to get to it, I thought I had stumbled on it in the menus. I checked it on 2.2 and 2.3.3. Maybe its on 2.3.4? I had that running when I found it I think.
All I know it that it is possible somewhere somehow without another sim card.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure you cannot access that menu from stock without inserting a non-VZW/Vodafone SIM or dialing that.

D2G never had 2.3.4 stock firmware, and as far as I know unlocking is impossible when you're running custom firmware.