Droid 2 Global Unlock & foreign SIM?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Soucouant61, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Member

Ratings:
    +0

2. leobg

leobg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Have seller call Verizon Global Support: 1(800)922-0204 or 1(908)559-4899 (if calling from outside USA) and request unlock code for the phone. He must have phone activated on his account, his account must be postpaid and must have been in good standing for at least 60 days - this means bills paid on time etc etc. He does not need the phone in hand to activate it - he just needs the phone MEID number (so you don't need to send the phone over back to him). Once all this is met, Verizon Global Support will give him the unlock code. Then you get the phone, put a foreign SIM in it - when phone asks for the code - you punch it in (it must be 8 digit one) Verizon may give up to 3 codes. At least one will work.
    Good luck!

3. cabrerachaparro

cabrerachaparro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But in the store told him the phone is not locked anyway. So I don't know if he call they will give him an unlock code.

4. leobg

leobg Member

Ratings:
    +2

5. leobg

leobg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Stores won't help in this case. Have him call the number I provided. This is the right (the only) place in Verizon where he can request the codes.

6. cabrerachaparro

Ratings:
    +0
    oh OK. But he is going to call form USA. Are these the numbers?

7. leobg

leobg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, use the 1-800 number.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

8. cabrerachaparro

Ratings:
    +0
    The former owner got the unlock code from Verizon. Then I turn on the phone and when I get this message "SIM network unlock PIN" I introduce the 8 digits unlock code but I get the same message "network request unlock unsuccessful"

Why? Is it the phone hard locked?

9. leobg

leobg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Code is not the right one. Verizon ca provide up to 3 different codes. Usually the 3rd one works :)
    Do not worry about hard locking AFAIK D2g won't hardlock.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

10. cabrerachaparro

Ratings:
    +0
    So should he call again Verizon Support? What shoud he say to get the code?
    He told me that the Verizon's guy didn't ask him for the IMEI number.

11. leobg

leobg Member

Ratings:
    +2
    he must have the phone active on his account, as long as it is active (MEID activated) Verizon knows the IMEI. Just have him tell them code wasn't accepted and if there is another code he could try (there is). Confirm again with him MEID and IMEI code jut in case.

12. krutip15

krutip15 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked for me!

this is my first post - I joined to share my experience with the Droid 2 Global unlocking as these posts have helped me greatly.

I, what some people may say, stupidly bought a droid 2 global off ebay thinking it would be easy to unlock. After reading all the forums I got nervous that I would not be able to unlock it and use it here in germany. The phone I liked to add had a bad ESN as well which is why my purchase price was so cheap!

I bought an unlock code from the unlock shack for 9 bucks - considering others were charging 30 i thought it was a good price and I read from other forums, that people had success with using these codes. I input a Rogers SIM (phone was in canada at the time) and was asked for the unlocking code. The first of two codes that were sent to me by the unlock shack worked without a problem. Then my next challenge was to get past the activation screen (the call to verizon that would activate the phone on their network!). With help from the forums, I was able to side step this by chosing the connect using GSM/UMTS only! after than I was able to use the phones for calls.

As for data, I made sure that all the data options were enabled (background data, data roaming, data enabled) and set my settings to the correct APN of my network provider. I was then able to use the internet!

I don't know if I'm one of those lucky ones, but I bought the phone in the end of August, and noticed that the new verizon databases were updated i think on August 9th. So if you guys want to give another try at purchasing a code, I would try it now. Right now, I just consider myself lucky that my phone with a BAD ESN was able to unlock and fully function in Europe.

P.S. I've used about 3 different sim cards from different MVNO (not even MNOs!) and they all worked great!

There is still hope!!! Good Luck!

Search tags for this page
droid 2 global sim

droid 2 global sim unlock

droid 2 global sim unlock code

droid 2 global unlock code generator
droid 2 sim unlock
free unlock code for motorola droid 2 global
sim network unlock pin droid 2 global

verizon droid 2 global unlock code

verizon global support unlock
verizon global unlock code