Droid 2 Global stuck in airplane mode

jkplvf

Reaction score
I have rooted and flashed the squidly ROM on my Droid 2 Global, only to have a phone that is stuck in airplane mode. Incidentally I am unsure whether the flash worked correctly as my phone doesn't look like the screenshots I have seen.

What little I can find via searching/googling says to do a factory reset and/or remove the battery for 30 seconds. None of this does anything to help the situation, and incidentally the phone seems to still be rooted after the factory reset.

Any tips? Obviously I missed the warning sticky telling me not to do this.

leobg

Reaction score
Did you make backup before you flashed? If phone boots past M logo you have very good chance to be able to boot the custom recovery and restore the backup

BTW is that rom for Droid 2 Global at all?

OP
J

jkplvf

Reaction score
In a word, no. I must have done something wrong while making a backup, since there is no backup on my sdcard. Still learning, I guess. I can get to recovery and can install from zips on the sdcard, so if there is a working Rom, I will be able to install it (I think).

I will doublecheck to see if there are any d2g specific roms available.

leobg

Reaction score
I would advise you not to try any ROMs as the only one that seems dedicated to D2G available has made two users crying (stuck at M logo). If you are still able to boot into clockwork recovery, you are not totally lost. Maybe somebody with a D2G can upload his backup here for you.
I am still awaiting mine to arrive (long trip...). But I am sure others here can help with the backup.

OP
J

jkplvf

Reaction score
I have tried the D2_Global_Stock rom which did not fix my problem. I am anxiously awaiting someone to upload a backup of a stock d2g, feeling kind of stupid at the moment, as I'm sure you all can see.

stoochie

Reaction score
Any luck with your issue? I am experiencing the same thing.

BlindObject

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, but I had made a back up, and after it worked just fine again. How would someone post their back up?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

lacocacolaman

Reaction score
ANYone know where I can find a tutorial on how to reset my rooted Droid 2 Global to factory settings!? I need to return it because of hardware issues. I'm going nuts trying to bring it back to factory settings.

Mostly I would love a factory droid 2 global rom and how to get rid of bootstrapp!

so where are the good links with factory droid 2 global rom:icon_evil:?

Asphyx

Reaction score
SO you flashed the firmware for your electric kettle into your TV and now the only thing that comes up at 9PM on NBC is steam? LOL

You can't just flash roms unless they are actually made for your device!

Right now Fission and Hex's Blurless is all that is available.

You can as stated flash the Romer file in recover to get the radio and other stuff not related to sensors back.

If you want to go back to stock though it is a download of RSDlite, the Drivers for it and the Stock SBF.

And you know I'm not sure you may not even be able to get RSDlite to connect without doing the ROmer first.

I know the radios will break but the USB could be broken until you flash Romer as well on a D2 only rom.

Maybe BuryBoi could comment on if that is true.