Droid 2 Global Stuck Checking for OTA Updates

jak119

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 2 Global running the stock ROM that I'm just trying to check for updates to see if there's any out there for it but the window that the phone is "checking for available updates" just stays, spinning, mocking me. I had read somewhere that if you had previously told the built in blur social media apps only to update on wifi that would result in you seeing an error that there were not any available updates. I've unchecked the option to only update on wifi but now the check for updates never completes. Any ideas why? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

tranzphormed

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 2 Global running the stock ROM that I'm just trying to check for updates to see if there's any out there for it but the window that the phone is "checking for available updates" just stays, spinning, mocking me. I had read somewhere that if you had previously told the built in blur social media apps only to update on wifi that would result in you seeing an error that there were not any available updates. I've unchecked the option to only update on wifi but now the check for updates never completes. Any ideas why? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

I was getting the same error too but somehow when i restarted the phone couple of times it started the download...but the problem doesnt stop here for rooted phones it gives update failed! Any one here has a manual update file for root phones?