Droid 2 Global seeks longtime relationship

bikedude880

Reaction score
Looking for a dev or three who is comfortable working with Gingerbread and/or Cyanogenmod. I currently have a proof of concept CM7 build and would appreciate some help. PM or respond to thread, thanks :D

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im not sure how much help i can be but i might can....

Is whats sync'd to your github the most recent?

Last edited:

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I developed with CM 6.1 on the Kaiser before. I didn't compile it, I worked with the apk's and heavily customized it. I also have some experience with the Huawei U8150 I had for a couple months. Don't mind throwing my support in. I also got an invite to the soak test, just awaiting whatever it is they're releasing lol... If we need anything compiled I have a bunch of buddies on xda-developers from the kaiser and u8150 forums that can help us out.

Kaiser/Polaris/Mogul/Vogue http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821037

U8150 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1003022

Lastly, I am a recognized XDA developer so I do have those perks. I can't wait to hack the **** out of my droid 2 global. The only thing I need to figure out is how to make the files go through the bootloader, like if it is signature enforced. I know I can't do the kernel but that shouldn't matter too much.

Give me a quick rundown on how to use github and get the files to pass the signature check and I will be up and running with my help.

Almost forgot to mention, I do have experience ****ing around with the kernel to make stuff work from the kaiser and the u8150.

Last edited:
OP
B

bikedude880

Reaction score
github.com/bikedude880/android contains a repo manifest that will pull CM7 with my vendor/device trees. When building, it will error out towards the end on a couple libraries in out/target/product/ . Manually copying the files into place works fine.

On the topic of bootloader/init, cvpcs was kind enough to get 2nd-init working on the Shadow (DX) and I've confirmed it's execution on the D2G.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
been trying for ~20 minutes now. Keep getting this when i try to pull your repo...

Code:
x13thangelx@Dusty-Laptop:~/android/bikedude$ repo init -u git://github.com/bikedude880/android.git
/home/x13thangelx/bin/repo: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/home/x13thangelx/bin/repo: line 6: `<!DOCTYPE html>'

That also happens with repo sync

OP
B

bikedude880

Reaction score
been trying for ~20 minutes now. Keep getting this when i try to pull your repo...

Code:
x13thangelx@Dusty-Laptop:~/android/bikedude$ repo init -u git://github.com/bikedude880/android.git
/home/x13thangelx/bin/repo: line 6: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/home/x13thangelx/bin/repo: line 6: `<!DOCTYPE html>'

That also happens with repo sync

Try "repo init -u git://github.com/bikedude880/android -b gingerbread"
Just did an init and sync off of it.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
grrrrrr did it again just says line 1 instead of 6 this time.

I suck at repo things. If you dont mind can you type it out from the curl line?

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Dammit you're quick. I edited my post after you quoted :\

lol i noticed....

This is what i got this time:

Code:
x13thangelx@Dusty-Laptop:~/cm4d2g$ repo init -u git://github.com/bikedude880/android -b gingerbread
/home/x13thangelx/bin/repo: line 1: html: No such file or directory
/home/x13thangelx/bin/repo: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
/home/x13thangelx/bin/repo: line 2: `<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title><'head>

Idk whats up with it. Gonna assume its something im doing though lol.

Heres what i did to get to that point....

Code:
cd ~
mkdir bin
curl http://github.com/bikedude880/android >~/bin/repo
chmod +x ~/bin/repo
reboot
mkdir cm4d2g
cd cm4d2g
repo init -u git://github.com/bikedude880/android -b gingerbread

and that gets us to there....

btw, im on gtalk if that would make it easier.

Last edited:

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
where do we start in terms of getting the radio working? do you have any suggestions?

MeHappy

Reaction score
Last edited: