Droid 2 Global ROOT, CUSTOM RECOVERY & SIM UNLOCK Tutorial

silver6054

Reaction score
UPDATE (3/19/2012): The most recent D2G update (4.5.629) currently has no known root exploits, and cannot be downgraded via SBF. Only D2Gs on Froyo (2.2) or Gingerbread (2.3) prior to the most recent update have the ability to be rooted.

NOTE: It appears that Verizon has put a carrier lock on the device for US GSM carriers. You will not be able to use this device on AT&T or T-Mobile in its current state, even if SIM unlocked, unless you send your phone in to DroidBandUnlock. They charge $100 for the service and it only works on certain software versions. Read more here.

SGMD, may be time to update this again.

There is now a way to root and SBF back from 4.5.629, [How-to]unbricking downgraded 629 & root normal function OTA 629 - Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki

The last bit, the exploit is now available free, TBH US GSM Band Unlock for Droid 2 Global and Pro Update.zip Public Release - MyDroidWorld

natan

Reaction score
Thank you SILVER for your reply, then i will wait for method to unlock my D2G.

red_baron

Reaction score
SIM UNLOCK TUTORIAL

1. Make sure your phone line has been active and had no late payment history for at least six months. If it hasn't, VZW will not unlock your SIM.

2. Call VZW Global Support at 1-800-711-8300 and ask the representative for your phone's SIM unlock code.

3. To test it, you will need a non-VZW SIM. Once you insert it and power your D2 Global back on, it will ask for the unlock code.

NOTE: It appears that Verizon has put a carrier lock on the device for US GSM carriers. You will not be able to use this device on AT&T or T-Mobile in its current state, even if SIM unlocked, unless you send your phone in to DroidBandUnlock. They charge $100 for the service and it only works on certain software versions. Read more here.[/QUOTE]

ATTENTION!!! I managed about two weeks ago to unlock my phone!!! A pal of mine did it who has a phone service. The unlocking algorythm was discovered! Too bad because in the meentime I've got an already unlocked phone too. Now I have two unlocked D2G :))
SO GO AHEAD AND ASK YOUR SERVICE GUY AGAIN IF HE CAN UNLOCK YOUR PHONES :)

shahjee

Reaction score
i am from pakistan there is no VZW Global Support can some one in US can help me to call to verizon and request for sim unlock code..........
that my phone iemi no :353650048185149 .................thankz in advance....

shahjee

Reaction score
succeeded in unlocked Motorola droid 2 global

i succeeded in unlocked my Motorola droid 2 global by the help of Oushen he help me alots and i many many thankful to Oushen for his help .he such a great knowledge about droid devices ............................................................

coper

Reaction score
i am from bulgaria there is no VZW Global Support can some one in US can help me to call to verizon and request for sim unlock code..........
that my phone iemi no :35365048096205 ... thanks in advance....

Reaction score
I have an verizon motoroa droid bionic I want to unlock the phone to use it in different carrie can u help

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk