Droid 2 Global ROOT, CUSTOM RECOVERY & SIM UNLOCK Tutorial

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ill try to root it myself with adb but it seems like i cant change the folders from ro to rw so if figured id give it a shot cuz my bro wants to tether. its prob needs to be installed into an alt dir.

silver6054

Reaction score
ill try to root it myself with adb but it seems like i cant change the folders from ro to rw so if figured id give it a shot cuz my bro wants to tether. its prob needs to be installed into an alt dir.

Well, let us know if you succeed as it will be big news for users of a lot of phones (D2G, Droid X, Droid X2 and more to come). Lots of methods have been tried, including, Pete's One Click, Droid 4 (motofail), zergrushv4 and others.

silver6054

Reaction score
motofail seems to come close and i bet it just needs a tweek
OK, hope you can make it work! Just remember while hacking that there is no working SBF for the latest release, and you cannot SBF back to an earlier one.

coper

Reaction score
Unlock Motorola Droid 2 Global

I need help. Sorry for my bad English. I am from Russia. I bought this phone, and now I can't unlock it. Are there people who have a contract with Verizon? My phone's IMEI is higher than 353650047xxxxxx and I have a problem with getting unlock code. I had a turbosim in the box, but for some unknown reason does not work:frown:

Hello
I have the same problem and I can not find a solution yet: (If anyone can help please write. Thanks in advance

Ilikemarkers1995

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going to be buying a D2G & I just want some assurance that if I sink the money into it, I wont be stuck with a " brick ". Because, income is next to none...
I have a sim from Bell, witch recently has upgraded to the HSPA/HSPA+ network ( 850/1900 mhz ). I am in Canada, & I'm just wondering that if I were to buy this phone, root, then sim unlock it, would it work? ( I'm not too concerned about the data. I'll just be using it for texting/calling. )
I apologize if I have resurrected this thread & also if this is a FAQ question... I've been trying to do my research & I haven't found much about this phone being used in Canada...

Last edited:

snowleo

Reaction score
can some help me, i'm get unlock codes from Ebay, but no one codes is i get doesn't working, i'm from russian, and i can't Call VZW Global Support, where i can get true codes on my phone, can i write new imei on custum firmware? my imei 355494040632685
p.s sorry for my english

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
sgmd1, nice update to op

snowloe, sorry I've got no advice,other than, you have to be on stock rom to unlock phone

snowleo

Reaction score
i should install based firmware (froyo 2.2)?, maybe in the new firmware (2.3 and later), changed the code algorithm(I think affects the upgrade modem module )? i'm try entring agein this codes, if it's can help me, if i can downgradin on 2.2, Thx))

coper

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global A956 MEM-MAP Blank error

should not matter, which stock, 2.3.3/4.5.608 should be fine
will not work on custom rom, try SBF DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf

Hello
I have a Motorola Droid 2 Global
System Verision 4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US
Android 2.3.3
I decided to flash with DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf, I used RSD LITE 5.4.4. Once the process completes smartphone restart and remained in this state:
Bootloader '
D0.11
Err: A5, 70,70,00,1 F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB
Please could you help me because I can not do anything more: (

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Hello
I have a Motorola Droid 2 Global
System Verision 4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US
Android 2.3.3
I decided to flash with DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf, I used RSD LITE 5.4.4. Once the process completes smartphone restart and remained in this state:
Bootloader '
D0.11
Err: A5, 70,70,00,1 F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB
Please could you help me because I can not do anything more: (

that is a problem
seems you had update 4.5.629 not 4.5.608
nothing can be done, till new sbf is found
look for these threads in my collection
Bricked. (SBF after .629 update, bootloader, etc)
Another update? 4.5.629 update.zip .629 Root Exploit Development
Has anyone who has soft bricked his phone tried this?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

coper

Reaction score
that is a problem
seems you had update 4.5.629 not 4.5.608
nothing can be done, till new sbf is found
look for these threads in my collection
Bricked. (SBF after .629 update, bootloader, etc)
Another update? 4.5.629 update.zip .629 Root Exploit Development
Has anyone who has soft bricked his phone tried this?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Thanks for the quick reply :)
I used a rom that you have posted above in the forum! I can not update to 4.5.629 when it does not exist yet. I wrote my version of the data before you flash your rom and they were ones I wrote above 4.5.608, android 2.3.3. So I think if he can do something. thank you