Droid 2 Global resets at unlock

D2G

Reaction score
I am new to the world of Android, but I LOVE this phone. I've made a huge jump into the information superhighway (My last phone didn't even have texting), but I have a problem.
Most of the time, things work great, but every once in a while when using the unlock slider (after the screen has gone black) the phone resets. It shows the Moto screen, then the droid eye and then works fine. This happens once or twice a day.
It's somewhat obnoxious to have to wait for the reset and reacquiring signals. I've checked the forum and other places on the internet for answers with no success. Can someone help me?

I have not done ANY rooting or anything special. I have few apps and I noticed it pretty much from the first day. (I've had it a week and a half now)

Phergy

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same behavior. It just started a week or so ago.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
With a new phone like this unrooted and all I am inclined to think that a warranty replacement should be looked into.

good luck

lwpsdj

Reaction score
Same Problem, Call Verizon Tech Support to report the issue!!!

So I just received a replacement phone for this problem and I am having the same problem with my replacement. I called Verizon Wireless Tech Support and I am the first person to report this problem to Verizon (which they submit this issue to Google and Motorola). :greendroid::greendroid::greendroid: So if you are having this same problem call Verizon Tech Support and they will submit the issue to Motorola and Google for this to be fixed.

The more people who call the faster the issue gets fixed!:greendroid:

nsikes

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing

Mine just started doing it a few weeks ago. Probably happens about 4-5 times/week.
It either happens with the slider still showing, or immediately following...

I haven't found a solution yet, so if you know of something please shout it out!